1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Oil Filter Size

Old 01-13-2011, 06:23 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dual filter setup basically enables another quart of oil to be added and increases filtration (first filter output goes into 2nd filter input so double filtration) and there is no pressure loss claimed by the dual filter. Mainly looking at the filter relocation (not set on single or double) just to make oil changes a walk in the park and mess free.

Old 01-13-2011, 07:07 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That's what I thought. I would do a single relocation and oil cooler and that would add capacity without overage of costs of a second filter. I have heard of the double filters causing issues with the oil pump (because of over working the pump) but I really only know the basics on those. I have never seen a double set up installed nor do I know much about em.

Where are you thinkin about install location?

Old 01-13-2011, 07:19 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wanting to do a spectre or k&n cold air intake system so I would plan on putting it in that extra area where the huge air box takes up so much room.

Any experience on oil coolers and installation? I'm not sure if mine has it stock even, I know my Ram 3500 does but I would be surprised if it the Ram didn't.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:39 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Never installed them, however I have done a lot of metal work and worked on a lot of Chev's that had them. I would place it on the frame somewhere you can bolt it down personally, oh and install it so the filter is facing up. Maybe place a new cross member up like between the radiator and engine kind of style. There is some room there, as that is where the 1999 chev blazer oil filter is located under the front skid plate (forget the motor but it is 4.?L.

Second I would not waste any $$$ on that K&N system and instead do a ram air CAI or home brew (you would be surprised at the home brew advantage).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Oil Filter Size