1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

overhead "remote controls"

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 10:32 PM
SteveDB
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, well, I apologize for not responding to this sooner. BAck on the 17th of last month I slid down an icy hill, and rear ended some folks. I just got it back from the body shop Wednesday evening- 3/9.
I finally got a chance to go through the learning process, and my overhead remote now works.... Thank you for telling me about the "learning" part of the GDO.
While I knew it existed, I didn't realize that I'd have to do that for this....
Go figure.
At any rate-- again, thank you.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:07 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

np man, thats what we do here, glad to hear you got it fixed, and sorry you ended up hitting thos people, always hurts to see the baby hurt

Old 03-12-2011, 07:42 PM
SteveDB
Amateur

all the more so for the gal off whom I'd bounced, and her two kids, and the brand new acura.... The guy in the old Ford truck... I saw him this past Thursday morning, driving in front me. His left rear bumper was more twisted than I'd remembered. However, if he'd not been there, I'd have slid right out into 30mph traffic on a major highway.... normally it's 55+ mph traffic, but the ice slowed everyone down. Talking about a bumper car session there. That would have become a real nightmare!

It was just incredibly frustrating to be so icy there was literally nothing I could do to stop it.... Of course the guy who put down sand came by two minutes AFTER the accident, and said-- sorry, it's not my street!
I so wanted to slap that boy! Two days later the guy whose street it was said that he'd been out sick for those two days.... sigh.... cie la vie!

Old 03-13-2011, 09:31 PM
DurangoRT/RN
Rookie

I remember when I first bought my Durango I lived in a gated community and it took a few tries, but I was able to program it to do the gate code.

I don't remember using another remote or anything special though?? Maybe.

Old 03-13-2011, 11:02 PM
hydrashocker
Hall Of Fame
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I remember those days of gated communities! then I got the shaft and had to sell it all!!!!!!

~k~

I don't wanna talk about that time in my life!

Quick Reply: overhead "remote controls"