1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Pirelli Scorpion ATR's or Goodyear Fortera

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 12:30 AM
V10Venom
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pirelli Scorpion ATR's or Goodyear Fortera

I've found a couple sets of used tires for sale locally that should go perfectly on my Durango. They're both 275/55/20 and run around the same price. Wondering which set would be better, they'll be used year round, mostly just for highway use. Any input??

Fortera's

Scorpions

Old 11-10-2011, 12:43 PM
ccthomp
Professional

Idk if im seeing things or if its the quality of the pics but it looks like there is some treadwear above normal wear and tear, so personally i wouldnt get em maybe some of the gurus here may see something different

Old 11-10-2011, 02:04 PM
Dirtrango
Professional

I would say go with the one that has more tread life left. no sense getting a possibly better tire that wont last long.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:06 PM
shrpshtr325
THE ULTI-MOD
Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

im seeing the same thing as ccthomp, i wouldnt pick up either set, buy a new set and be happy longer and get exactly the tire you want.(but then i wouldnt trust used tires to safely transport me around)

Old 11-10-2011, 07:52 PM
WhiteWidow00
Record Breaker

If I were to pick from the two I would go with the Pirelli's but like others said it would be better to get the one with better tread life remaining, sometimes.

The Goodyear Fortera tire is a great tire for A/T but not great for your typical highway driver. This is the standard issue tire for the Jeep Grand Cherokee and I see more of those on a regular basis that have way lower tread than other vehicles simply because of the way the tread wears, it is a much softer tire than the Pirelli.

To sum it up, I wouldn't go with the Goodyear Fortera because it wears very unevenly, if you don't keep them balanced they will cup and feather like there is no tomorrow and they wear very weird. Like the others said, if you can get away with it, just save up for a nice set of Michelin M/S or BFGoodrich A/T.

Quick Reply: Pirelli Scorpion ATR's or Goodyear Fortera