1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Durangos...Trouble, waiting for you to find....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2012, 05:40 PM
TurboStixx
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Durangos...Trouble, waiting for you to find....

Very interesting weekend. Durango's will get you into all kinds of trouble...btw..this resulted in a Field Sobriety test...I passed blowing a .000..this was 10 minutes after I woke up, and was at 9:20am Saturday....Don't Sleep on the beach on a National Seashore....they are jerks!

Name:  P1040356.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  199.1 KB
Name:  P1040355.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  196.5 KB

Last edited by TurboStixx; 02-05-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:49 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Well realistically its probably considered to be obstruction of driver view.

Old 02-05-2012, 06:25 PM
TurboStixx
Captain

No, the rod racks are completely legal...He came up behind me as soon as I started my truck to move, I had spent the night on the beach and had about 7 beers, so I didn't want to get on the road and drive the 10 miles back to the house...so I slept there. 3 miles from the nearest road, he was just trying to be a jerk and catch me doing something, he was really nice when I blew all .000

When he patted me down, before the breathelizer, he asked if I had any weapons, I said no, then he asked, do you have any bombs or grenades...I just looked at him...last time I checked, bombs and grenades were weapons...

Last edited by TurboStixx; 02-05-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Andreas2k10
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Law

I had typed up a whole long response when I got logged out and it did not want to safe my writing.
Be aware of your rights:

http://medvinlaw.com/alexandria-virg...fense-lawyers/

Read it all and if you think 'Meh, I don't want to cause trouble. I have nothing to hide' you are submitting yourself to a police-state.

He had no right or reason to pat you down.
he pats you down, flicks your nuts, you flinch and BAM you are on the ground, handcuffed. And THEN they have a probable cause as your resisted a volunteered pat-down. They throw you in the back of a patrol vehicle and search your car as NOW they have a reason to believe you are doing something criminal. Why else would you resist officers?

Not stirring the pond but know your Bill of Rights and your Constitution. Those two MAKE you the American you are.

Old 02-06-2012, 03:04 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Andreas2k10
I had typed up a whole long response when I got logged out and it did not want to safe my writing.
Be aware of your rights:

http://medvinlaw.com/alexandria-virg...fense-lawyers/

Read it all and if you think 'Meh, I don't want to cause trouble. I have nothing to hide' you are submitting yourself to a police-state.

He had no right or reason to pat you down.
he pats you down, flicks your nuts, you flinch and BAM you are on the ground, handcuffed. And THEN they have a probable cause as your resisted a volunteered pat-down. They throw you in the back of a patrol vehicle and search your car as NOW they have a reason to believe you are doing something criminal. Why else would you resist officers?

Not stirring the pond but know your Bill of Rights and your Constitution. Those two MAKE you the American you are.
Seems as though you have a serious problem with authority?

Old 02-06-2012, 05:51 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparMan1991
Seems as though you have a serious problem with authority?
Thats what I was thinkin'.....

Old 02-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Andreas2k10
Rookie
Default Nop

I am an officer myself.
No, I do not have a problem with law-enforcement.
But as I sit here I did have encounters with law-enforcement. Last thing I will do is excuse law-enforcement step over boundaries.
Law-Enforcement is to serve and protect, not to harrass and overstep.

There is nothing negative in my post just a call to attention of your rights.

Seems even THAT is already being considered 'anti-social' or having issues with authority?

It seems okay to be randomly patted down for no reason given? Ya, I can see where I give the impression of having problems with authority. Heck, if that is so, I should just be able to go out and pat anybody down and if they object consider them 'having problems with authority'?

15 years in Law-Enforcement. All Officers I know (From Correctional, Local, Marshalls and FBI) are the best for the job and I will never question what we do. But the willingness to give up your rights due to lack of knowledge what your rights are can, at times, be amazing.

Last edited by Andreas2k10; 02-06-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:13 PM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Okay. I am a certified Correctional Officer myself, but in all honesty if you decline a pat search then that may lead to a whole new can of worms. Just let them do their thing and be done with it.

Old 02-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Andreas2k10
Rookie
Default Wow

As I said...as soon as you do that and you willingly give up your rights you make others who know their rights and protect their rights look like 'we are having issues with law enforcement'.

I drive a long road to work everyday. It heads right to mexico. I drive the same road in the same car every day. I let them pull me over once, request to search my car once ONLY because I am being nice to them and want to show my respect for what they do.
Next round I will exercise my rights and deny a search. I will be asked what am I hiding. And THAT is the moment when we need to stop and remind those accusing us already of having done something that we ONLY protect our rights.

Law Enforcement needs to approach citizens protecting their rights as it is the law. Majority of us citizens do not break the law and we should not be treated like those few that do break the law.

I have no issues at all with law enforcement. But I have issues with how easy The Bill of Rights and The Constitution are being ignored.

Don't fight the law...it is what makes this country great. But know your rights WITHIN the law.
the OP makes the right choice by not driving after having 7 beers and the next morning he has to be subjected to a search of his person and almost his vehicle? Next time he might just drive while being intoxicated because he wants to avoid this hassle, STILL gets pulled over and then he really is in trouble.
My issue...he didn't do anything wrong. Nothing. Stayed a night at a public place after having a few beers.

But, to each their own. Do as you please. I would encourage to know who you are though in this great country. You are more than just some person who works, pays taxes, gets to vote for the best story-teller.
THAT is a WHOLE other can of worms to be opened.

Anyways...agreed to disagree.
Be careful at your job. I did that for a few years in Juvenile and adults before moving on.

Old 02-06-2012, 09:48 PM
adukart
Record Breaker
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

It pissed me off when I got pulled over for a license plate light violation just to have a flashlight shined in my face to ask if I had been drinking or my little brother having his seatbelt on when I hadn't even been swerving. I agree know your rights, that may mean pissing off an officer by not letting him just frisk you to make your point. I think its great Andreas that you advocate that, around here the officers just say that you should let them do it cause they can get a search warrant with in 45 minutes. Hah, let them go through the hassle, maybe then situations like turbos would happen less frequently then......

Quick Reply: Durangos...Trouble, waiting for you to find....