1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Check Gauge Scare - Battery

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 06:04 PM
MikeK77
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Gauge Scare - Battery

So it's raining pretty good here, I happen to hit a major puddle on the side of the road.

I was at a traffic light, check gauge light dinged on. I look, and see my battery gauge is down to nothing, but all running fine. Light turned green, I hit the gas, and I here the belt squeal for a quick second, then stopped, then the battery gauge went back to normal.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Old 12-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Old_School
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeK77
So it's raining pretty good here, I happen to hit a major puddle on the side of the road.

I was at a traffic light, check gauge light dinged on. I look, and see my battery gauge is down to nothing, but all running fine. Light turned green, I hit the gas, and I here the belt squeal for a quick second, then stopped, then the battery gauge went back to normal.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Most likely the belt got wet and allowed it to slip on the alt. by stepping on it you allowed it to slip just enough to dry up the water and turn the pulley again..

as yes i had this happen to me once..... except in my case it was because the power steering pump pulley spun off and went through the radiator and the belt really was off the pulley

Lucky for me it happend on a cold snowy night while i was driving on the interstate about 4 miles to the closest exit @2am

Quick Reply: Check Gauge Scare - Battery