1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

My D and I feel like the Phoenix...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 10:31 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default My D and I feel like the Phoenix...

... rising again. I got my '01 R/T new, in Detroit, my hometown (raced on Woodward Ave in the 60's) and was active in all things D for a few years, even went on the Delaware Plant tour with the DOC, maybe '02 or '03.

Then I got busy with other things, like kicking cancer (NHL) in '04-'05. Since I'm also heavy into Jeeping, the other ride needs more wrench time than the D. The D ddint get much from maybe '04-'10. Then in 2010 I decided to move from Poughkeepsie, NY to Albuquerque, NM, so the D took yet another time on the back burner while I planned for a new house. It did haul my 6500 lb Jeep and trailer, both loaded with moving stuff, the 2041 miles, but it took a toll.

Now the Phoenix part... Last Oct the trans went (98,000 miles), had that rebuilt with extra good stuff. In this past spring I caught up on motor things, plugs/wires/etc. Then the O2's and Cat were acting up (P0420) over the past couple months. So two weeks ago I added a Magnaflow system front to back. It's a new D! I even waxed it yesterday. Now... Sounds great! Runs great! Looks great!

My rambling point is.. I'm back in Durango mode after too long a time away. I know over the past few months here on the forum I've irritated a couple of you, I know I did Old-School, and I'm sorry for that. I'm a bit of a phoenix too now, through neglecting my ''Mr Dependible" Durango and ready to play nice with the other kids, and hopefully help on occasion.

P.S. Oh, both the Jeep and Durango are paint code PR4, the proper color!

Old 08-20-2013, 11:07 PM
PublicHair
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PR4? What color is that?

Old 08-20-2013, 11:43 PM
that_guy
Champion
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

I think it's red.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:55 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PublicHair
PR4? What color is that?
In 1993, my Jeep year, it was called Poppy Red, the PR part. In 2001, the Durango year and since, the name was Flame Red, but the code was the same PR4. In 2001, the official Dodge Durango big brochure booklet had a Flame Red R/T on the cover. I still have the brochure.

Old 08-20-2013, 11:57 PM
PublicHair
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not my first color choice but hey, as long as you like or love your vehicle who am I to say!

And before you judge I almost got a steel blue fusion :lol:

Quick Reply: My D and I feel like the Phoenix...