DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Gen Durango (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-durango-69/)
-   -   2001 durango electrical problem (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-durango/38822-2001-durango-electrical-problem.html)

brown2626 11-01-2005 10:57 PM

2001 durango electrical problem

I have a 2001 dodge durango 5.9 r/t. My problem is when I am driving with my headlights on the dash lights, interior lights and headlights will click off and then on again at no certain interval or for any reason. I have replaced the headlight switch with no results. Somebody please help me!!!

hydrashocker 11-06-2005 02:57 PM

RE: 2001 durango electrical problem

Have you checked the bulbs? You might have water in one or one broken.[sm=confused06.gif]

MAD R/T 11-23-2005 03:11 PM

I just had the same problem 2 days ago. The lites began flashing hi beam / low beam and I could hear a clicking sound (from the relay?). The dash lites flashed at the same time from dim to normal lighting. I checked both fuse boxes and didn't see anything wrong there. All the bulbs work too. I drove it again last nite but couldn't duplicate the problem. It's only happened the one time.

I haven't pulled the bulbs to inspect, I'll check that today. Hopefully one of us can figure it out.

I was thinking of upgrading my bulbs to Xenon and replacing the headlite assemblies with clears but I think I better solve this irratic problem first.

Have any new ideas on what might be causing it???

GraveDigger 03-26-2006 11:24 PM

check your ground wire. on my old volvo the lights would flicker because the ground wire ripped off. check that and see what happens

eyeseeyou 04-20-2006 02:41 AM

DId anyone find a solution to this problem? Same thing is happening to my 2003 right now! Someone told me that it might be the alternator

Adventurewagen 04-27-2006 02:35 PM

Could be a bad light/dimmer switch just left of your steering wheel. Right now my 2000 is having issues as well. I will be driving with the lights on, click to brights and the lights will go completely out. First time it happened luckily we were pulling into our driveway so we just parked it. After playing with it I realized grabbing the switch and jiggling/pulling on it the lights came right back on. After pulling the plug in the back and testing the connection points I realized everything was good beyond the switch. I have yet to replace the item, but maybe this is the cause. The autostore showed me the replacement, $67 plus tax is what they wanted.

donniedurango 07-14-2006 12:51 PM

If someone has this problem in the future,it is the Central time Module and costs around $350 to replace at a dealership. I experienced the same thing with the lights flashing on and off.

02DurangoSteelers 07-20-2006 12:46 PM

I have an 02 that is experiencing similar problems, the lights go out (with click noise) same for interior lights, last night the wipers and horn started to act up, the door locks do not work either. Did anyone experience these problems? I was told it could be Body Control Module too...Make any sense?

spectre184 07-20-2006 05:02 PM

ORIGINAL: donniedurango

... problem in the future,it is the Central time Module.......
Is thsi the module in kick panel, drivers I think?

02DurangoSteelers 07-21-2006 12:32 PM

More info, maybe this was common knowledge but I just learned that the Body Control Module & the Central Timer Module are the same thing. Basically you either have 1 or the other depending on when your D was manufactured. In 01 they moved it from the right side of dash to the left.
I need to purchase one, does anyone know where these are available?