1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

no bus nightmare

Old 06-25-2017, 11:29 AM
Timmmy0608
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no bus nightmare

im new to this page and this is my first durango so hopefully this is the right section but i have a 99 5.2 4wd. one day it wouldnt start this is before i knew about the no bus problems they have. i put a fuel gauge on it and had no pressure so i put a pump in it. after the pump it ran for a little bit then stopped. noticed the no bus message. started researching and thats where the nightmare began. saw a video to check for 5v reference at tp sensor so i did and i had my 5v. actully i checked 5v at all the 5v sensor and they all were good. saw a few videos saying that the pcm was usually the problem because of over heating so i put another pcm in. still didnt work but thats when i noticed if i unplug the c1 connector from the pcm and plug it back in everything comes to life. so i started checking power and ground both were good. if the connector is plugged in and i wiggle the wires i cant make it work but if i unplug it and plug it back in presto all works. when the no bus is present it seems like everything works but the fuel pump so i thought maybe that is what was bringing down the pcm. i unplugged the fuel pump and tried but still get the no bus. any ideas or suggestions?

Old 06-28-2017, 12:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,165 Likes on 2,919 Posts

Clean the connectors at the PCM. See if that doesn't help.

Old 07-03-2017, 08:32 PM
Timmmy0608
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

found problem in joint connector #3 under dash had corrosion inside of it cleaned out and problem seems to be solved been driving truck since last thursday. figured i would post what i found and maybe it could save someone else some headache

Search this Thread