1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

ODB Code P1495, but NO LDP INSTALLED - HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2018, 12:31 AM
timjor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OBD Code P1495, but NO LDP INSTALLED - HELP!!!!!

OK - been researching on here, and other places online. The P1495 is a "EVAP Leak Detection Pump Solenoid Circuit" issue. I spent last night figuring out where this pump would be, and (per online, and the repair manual I have) it should be under the battery tray. I took the battery and battery tray out today, and THERE IS NOTHING THERE!! I replaced the solenoid on the bulkhead (Canister Purge valve solenoid - Autozone part number PV300), but the issue is still there. I traced the vacuum hoses back, and there are no cracks (that I can see) between the solenoid canister and the EVAP can underneath the car (under the car, located on the car frame).

Is my next step to replace the EVAP can under the car, or is there something I am missing with respect to this LDP Solenoid circuit code? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

1999 Dodge Durango 5.9 V8

Last edited by timjor; 01-21-2018 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:43 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

my service info says the ldp was not used for all builds. has a used pcm been installed that thinks the vehicle is built with a ldp?

The following users liked this post:
Rick Archuleta (12-29-2019)
Old 12-29-2019, 07:41 PM
Rick Archuleta
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pcm. From other vehi.same yr same motor but dont have a ldp so comp thinks it does .

Originally Posted by primem
my service info says the ldp was not used for all builds. has a used pcm been installed that thinks the vehicle is built with a ldp?
yes the pcm is from same year same motor and it doesnot have Idp. Its not there how do i get the check engine light off .emissions. Help me on what to do. Thank you.

Last edited by Rick Archuleta; 12-29-2019 at 08:07 PM.
Old 12-30-2019, 02:00 AM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

to clarify; your truck doesn't have a ldp but it has a pcm from another vehicle that was build with a ldp.

If this is the case you need to have the pcm flashed with the correct programming for the build...if that's even possible, or swap in the correct pcm.

Quick Reply: ODB Code P1495, but NO LDP INSTALLED - HELP!!!!!