1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

Rear A/C blower

Old 07-12-2008, 10:02 AM
polish
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear A/C blower

I have a 1999 Dodge Durango SLT with the rear overhead a/c option. I can not get the thing to turn on. I have followed the directions in the owners manuel but still no luck. Can anyone please help me trouble shoot this problem.
Thank you.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:42 AM
MAGIC84
All Star
Default RE: Rear A/C blower

I almost gave you some stuff from the Haynes manual, but then I looked and saw mine was a 2000-2003 models. I would probably bet that the 99 wiring diagrams are pretty much the same but I don't quote me on it. There has been several posts regarding the failure of blower motor resistors in the front blower fan I suppose it could happen to the rear fan blower motor too.

I am also guessing that you have checked the obvious stuff, fuses, relays, electrical connections, etc..

Please keep in mind that I am not trying to insult your integillence but you would be surprised.

Hope that this might be a good starting point good luck.

Steve

Old 07-13-2008, 03:48 PM
jeff66
Rookie

I can't give you info for a 99 or 00 but on a 01 and later all power from the rear blower motor passes thru the rear control on the front panel, if you put the front fan switch to anything other than off and rear control on the front panel on high it bypasses the rear switch and the rear resistor. meaning at these settings power comes directly from the rear blower. I don't think that the 99 is any different but i could be wrong. also remember the front vent/floor controls the the rear upper/lower too.

after you verify all switch setting are correct, do this, go to power distibution center and swap out the front wiper relay (or a know good relay)with the rear blower relay (they are the same). if the blower works you have a bad relay. If not your going to need a diagram to track down the problemstarting at the power distribution center and working back to ground.

01 and later the negative side of the load is switched. meaning power flows from the power distribution center (hot all the time)to the rear blower relay (which is energized in the key on position) then to the blower motor then any resistors and then the switches and then toground.

Old 07-13-2008, 03:52 PM
jeff66
Rookie

my mistake, there is a 25a fuse between hot all the time and the relay, forgot to include that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rear A/C blower