1st Gen Durango 1998 - 2003 Durango's

HELP! Power door locks going haywire!

Old 01-19-2007, 12:12 AM
jalaux
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Power door locks going haywire!

Hello all!
I am new to this forum and I did search for this but didn't find it anywhere. I have a 2003 Durango, SLT 4X4, 4.7ltr with a severe door unlocking issue. For some strange reason it is continously unlocking. While I drive or while it is parked. It will unlock and then wait 2 seconds and do it again or itwill wait 5-10 minutes and start all over again. Today it did not do it on the drive to work but when I went into the gym at 4:30 I got back to my car around 7:30 and I noticed the interior light was on and it was un-locked. When I started it I could feel the battery had been drained and it barely started. Has anyone had this problem?? I have tried to locate the fuse to put an end to this but its not in the drivers side panel. I talked to my car buddy and he told me to put it in a heated garage as something might be frozen but that does not seem to be working. Its about 20 degrees outside. I also tried to dis-engage the feature that locks the doors automatically at 15mph but that didnt help either. I really want to avoid taking it to the ever pricey dealer but I have a funny feeling I will have no choice. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!

Old 01-19-2007, 03:25 AM
Mean Green
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HELP! Power door locks going haywire!

It sounds like the CTM which is a dealer fix. it will run about $400. [:@]

Old 01-19-2007, 04:52 AM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not the CTM.

Here are the details, the TSB 08-023-03 info and the fix:

http://www.durangoclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15861

That was from my first online forum post ever in relationship to my D. Now, thousands later. LOL.

HTH,

IndyDurango

Old 01-19-2007, 02:16 PM
jalaux
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did see this TSB 08-023-03 but I dont think my D has the theft security system as the locks never lock. They only un-lock. The funny thing is I left it in the garage at about 65 degrees all night and the morning drive it acted fine and then as soon as I got out of the car it started to un-lock. At any rate I am going to call the dealer and get it in there and mention this TSB and see what they say and hopefully they won't rape my wallet. What happend to acarrunning on gas and oilnot pc's and technology... Thanks guys!

Old 01-19-2007, 03:25 PM
IndyDurango
Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As per my post in the link, mine never locked... always unlocked. However, I was always nervous that they would lock and lock me out of the car and maybe in a dangerous situation.

HTH

IndyDurango

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HELP! Power door locks going haywire!