1st Gen Intrepid 1993 through 1997 Intrepids

1997 Dodge Intrepid Passenger Side Exterior Light

Old 12-27-2018, 02:09 PM
nohomey
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Dodge Intrepid Passenger Side Exterior Light

I'm not really mechanically inclined but I do like to try to resolve my car issues with the smallest expense and easy to follow instructions whenever possible. My current Dodge Intrepid (1997 - 3.3 Liter V6) is having issues with the passenger side headlight and taillight. I have replaced the bulbs and they seem to be working off and on. I would like a fairly simple way to check if there is a problem with a simple fuse I need to locate and switch or a much larger issue that I may need some assistance from a mechanic. It would be great if I can get a simple step by step set of instructions to locate the fuse that I may have the issue with and exchanging it or ways to check for other issues without having to open upholstery.

Thank You in advance for any guidance you can offer.

Old 09-09-2021, 07:55 PM
GP49
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nohomey
I'm not really mechanically inclined but I do like to try to resolve my car issues with the smallest expense and easy to follow instructions whenever possible. My current Dodge Intrepid (1997 - 3.3 Liter V6) is having issues with the passenger side headlight and taillight. I have replaced the bulbs and they seem to be working off and on. I would like a fairly simple way to check if there is a problem with a simple fuse I need to locate and switch or a much larger issue that I may need some assistance from a mechanic. It would be great if I can get a simple step by step set of instructions to locate the fuse that I may have the issue with and exchanging it or ways to check for other issues without having to open upholstery.

Thank You in advance for any guidance you can offer.
Probably nobody is still looking for a reply, as it seems this board is moribund and it has been a long time. But this may require tracing of the circuit from the headlight switch. Only one side is doing it so it is probably not the switch itself, but an intermittent in the wiring, probably at one of the splices along the way in the wiring harness. Without a factory service manual or at least the LH body wiring diagram (not a Haines/Chilton manual) it could get difficult. No guarantee that even the color codes of the wires will remain the same all the way. However the fault is likely to lie between the headlight switch and wherever the wiring for front and rear lights splits. If lucky it is under the dash.

Last edited by GP49; 09-09-2021 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Added a phrase

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1997 Dodge Intrepid Passenger Side Exterior Light