1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Wanted To Try Something Differant With CAI

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 12:03 AM
estneon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wanted To Try Something Differant With CAI

slashi could smoke your hemi it has zero hp untill you get it in something stop saying my car will lose to it and you act like a 455 is a push over itmakes alot more tq than you think i alredy said that if you put it in the neon it probably would take me and you had to keep saying that my car sucked just shut up you don't even own a hemi unless it rus in a car.oh and i thoughtof a fewmore things you need to get for your hemi neon is a new gas tank.you might also get a exhaust system,speedo,and a few other things i can't remember

Old 07-02-2007, 12:32 AM
justinsanders
Captain

has ne one tried to use the stock intake and use the flex part of it in your favor? i would think by attaching the flex part to the throttle body and flexing it under the battery would work. then you get a k&n filter to put on the other end.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:40 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

only thing ive heard of is the 3 liter carvan intake flexi part the 3.0 Cai

Old 07-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

any way to make a Neon sound tough???
I have a Cherry BombGlasspack on mine and it sounds awesome when reving it, its cool because its loud when you need it to be loud and has a slight rumble at idle it also is kinda quiet at idle too with a hint of rumble which I like and it sings pretty good while gettin' on the gas. Tomarrow I will record what mine sounds like and send you a snippet if you want to see exactly what it sounds like during idle and reving: ) I compare it to a 3.0Mitsu 3000GT type sound. Main factor was rumble but no Rice Fart can soundand this did the trick perfectly for my standards.

a shorter CAI pipe will make your car sound tougher while getting on it too, but the glass pack is a great start and you should notice a nice sound right away.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:48 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: estneon

slashi could smoke your hemi it has zero hp untill you get it in something stop saying my car will lose to it and you act like a 455 is a push over itmakes alot more tq than you think i alredy said that if you put it in the neon it probably would take me and you had to keep saying that my car sucked just shut up you don't even own a hemi unless it rus in a car.oh and i thoughtof a fewmore things you need to get for your hemi neon is a new gas tank.you might also get a exhaust system,speedo,and a few other things i can't remember
Your car doesnt suck, I seen the pic's you had and It was different than I imagined it looks pretty cool actually I thought you had a different yearit looks cool enough for a lowrider. : )

Old 07-02-2007, 10:05 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

the idea i had was to build4-61' diatubes that have filters and do some crossings and some swirls and that sould sound mean i can't decribe it better but i will be doing it for my sentra soon and if i ever get it runing and like the soundi'll go and make one for my neon i get pics of the sentra's if i do it.once again slash thank you.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:11 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: estneon

the idea i had was to build4-61' diatubes that have filters and do some crossings and some swirls and that sould sound mean
what the hell are you talking about

Old 07-02-2007, 10:16 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

like i said i can't explanit i got it in my head and it sould work i wildo it soon so i will post pics hopefully it will work good.its just an idea a dumb one but still i hope i can even do it rightknowing me i'll scrape the project

Old 07-02-2007, 10:24 AM
Slashwannabe

Save the time in the fab lab and just glass pack it it sounds tough enough after they are broke in

Old 07-02-2007, 10:36 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

but if it adds hp too theni would love to do it my sentra's going to be a one of a kind in every thing i canand like i said i am moving to a area that has no emissions so i don't need glass packs and the apexi sound pretty a idle and raspyish in high rpm but it is not as bad as most.

Quick Reply: Wanted To Try Something Differant With CAI