i think it's both

Old 11-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how come

ORIGINAL: Aerorat

Ok ok what makes a neon a great car the body style or the motor
and of coarse I think body or I wouldn't done what I have done
I think both, The 2.0 SOHC Engine has not ONCE ever let me down, reliable as f uck and I beat the **** out of it every single day. I would take a 2.5 ChryslerTurbo Engine over a SRT-4 Engine any day of the week just because its provenreliable and can handle 25psi of boost on stock rods and crank, but most of all cuz its cheap, but if you can get a SRT-4 engine cheap enoughI think its acool idea.

No offense but The SRT-4 swapis for the lazy person who has never built a engine in his life, its not even money efficient to buy one to make it worth the swap compared to just putting in sturdyrods in a sohc . I don't mean you Aerorat cuz yer a pretty smart dude, but the majority of people who do the SRT-4 swap are reatrded.

$2500 on average for a SRT-4 Engine. give me $600 and my SOHCI'll spank any numbers that SRT-4 can produce in stock form.

I think the SRT-4 Engine is worth the swap if you get the engine for next to nothing like $1000 or less otherwise its HorsePower for dummies, it doesn't seem worth the $1500+ price tag or $2500 on average to use that engine.

But I would rather have somebody swap a SRT engine in than pay $2500 for a Turbo set up, the ones who pay $2500 for theHahn set ups I hate tosaydo have a IQ below 80 and are legally retarded.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:14 PM
Aerorat
All Star

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

Ok ok what makes a neon a great car the body style or the motor
and of coarse I think body or I wouldn't done what I have done
I think both, The 2.0 SOHC Engine has not ONCE ever let me down, reliable as f uck and I beat the **** out of it every single day. I would take a 2.5 ChryslerTurbo Engine over a SRT-4 Engine any day of the week just because its provenreliable and can handle 25psi of boost on stock rods and crank, but most of all cuz its cheap, but if you can get a SRT-4 engine cheap enoughI think its acool idea.

No offense but The SRT-4 swapis for the lazy person who has never built a engine in his life, its not even money efficient to buy one to make it worth the swap compared to just putting in sturdyrods in a sohc . I don't mean you Aerorat cuz yer a pretty smart dude, but the majority of people who do the SRT-4 swap are reatrded.

$2500 on average for a SRT-4 Engine. give me $600 and my SOHCI'll spank any numbers that SRT-4 can produce in stock form.

I think the SRT-4 Engine is worth the swap if you get the engine for next to nothing like $1000 or less otherwise its HorsePower for dummies, it doesn't seem worth the $1500+ price tag or $2500 on average to use that engine.

But I would rather have somebody swap a SRT engine in than pay $2500 for a Turbo set up, the ones who pay $2500 for theHahn set ups I hate tosaydo have a IQ below 80 and are legally retarded.
Thx for the comment but still build for build will get more power out the srt 4 hands down. Spud doesn't even argue with me on that one. And don't get me wrong building a motor is hard work. I know I have done it. But to say for the majority of people who do the srt 4 swap are retarded is just retarted to say (no offense) because all of the things involved it is no picnic. A lot of metal fab, wiring, and custom work that goes into it.
This more than likely kick up the excitement they are wanting but anyways.
I am not in no way knocking the 2.0 build. But spud said he spent $8000.00 on his motor (If I am not incorrect) I have just $3250.00 in my motor and stage four kit on the way for $3600.00 total $6850.00 that leaves $1150.00 compared to$8000.00 and is a 400 horsepower kit and don't have to tare into the motor. There are a few other up grades to add and get it anywhere between 500 to 550 horsepower and still not break $8000.00 and not to meantion something going wrong with taring in to the inturnals (sorry spud and I know it was not your fault)

Old 11-18-2007, 11:01 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spud doesn't even argue with me on that one.
i dont argue with it because its pointless.....not because i agree
total $6850.00 that leaves $1150.00 compared to$8000.00 and is a 400 horsepower kit and don't have to tare into the motor.
the difference here is that my motor was able to withstand more then 800hp....and was capable of running 30psi AND a 300 shot of nitrous simultaniously......i would like to see a stock srt4 motor stand up to that....no to mention that for less then $1,000 more i could have easily ran 700+hp

Old 11-18-2007, 11:13 PM
neonracer1010
All Star

the chrysler 2.2 is a badass motor for only being an 8 valve head, my buddy has like 20 shelby cars and about 11 of them have the 2.2 in it
and on his one 87 shelby z daytona he is running 30 psi on all stock internals, the only thing he has done is put a hybrid turbo on it.
the rest of his cars have the turbo 3 motor in them which has a lotus espired head and hes gotand 89 iroc r/tthat he clonedthat peaks at 27psi
4 spirit r/ts that run consistently at 12-15 psi.
not to brag or anything, i'mpossibly buyingaspirit in the spring from him.

Old 11-18-2007, 11:19 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: neonracer1010
i'mpossibly buyingaspirit in the spring from him.
getting rid of the pimp car????

Old 11-18-2007, 11:34 PM
neonracer1010
All Star

no imma keep it
for a beater lol
ill drive it for winter or when there is salt shhhhtuff on the roads cuz that car is like 100% rust free!

Old 11-19-2007, 01:29 AM
Slashwannabe

I like the SRT-4 Engine and the clout it brings to a 1st gen car and the tuner crowd but for the price/power its not worth it for a person like me to say "thats my dream engine!". The SRT-4 Engine won't be worth it to me or people like me until it drops down to $1,000 and under.

I've gotta say those 2.2 and 2.5 Chrysler turboengineswere probably the greatest 4 cylinders ever made in terms of sheer reliability and power ability in stock form. I mean I don't ever remember a time driving my brothers 2.5 Acclaim thinking "oh **** if I beat the **** out of this car it might blow up", instead the car asked for more and liked being beat. It seemed to run better after you threw it up to 6500Rpm for 20 seconds and held it longer if able to.

So far my Neon is taking the Acclaims place as reliable in terms of beating/problems ratio, most of the stuff I've done to the motor is routine maintenance such as timing belt and water pump, adding oil/changing oiland thats about it. The 2.2, 2.5 and 2.0 Neon engine were all made off the same assembly line and share certain block features and I think even head bolt patterns and bore spacing.

I'd like to get a old 2.2 Chrysler car and crank up the boost on it for fun and see what she does.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:02 AM
GrApHite03

dream engine huh? I'll take the n54 3.0l bi-turbo found in the e92 BMWs... 10.5:1 compression and 9psi = yum yum