1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Obd-II tool OT-2 wifi connection problem

Old 01-25-2012, 09:59 AM
fisichella
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Obd-II tool OT-2 wifi connection problem

So, i got me the innovative obd2 wifi connector, and got me the dashcommand app on the ipad, but for some reason it doesnt work, it get stuck on the reading PIDs, so, to make sure the connector is working, i downloaded the stock app that comes with the connection, which is called logworks, problem is, i only see one parameter, which is the rpm, and no other data is available, so, i need to know where the problem might be,
Is the obd on the car is not communicating well?
And if there is another app or a program i can download on a pc to see the connection is working,

The car is 96 model, sohc

By da way, why so much people hate the first gen neon ? I learned driving on this car, and i think it was superior to alot of cars in its class, i mean no honda civic or corolla can match its performance, whether fuel economy, or brute torque or acceleration and above all, the traction this car have is amazing, i have drove quite a lot of cars, and the only one coming even close to its lovely feedback steering is a mini cooper, which is newer and much more expensive, so what gives??

Old 01-25-2012, 03:40 PM
fisichella
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow no replies

anyway, i think i got it right, if u ever try to connect innovative OT-2 wifi with an ipad or iphone, on a neon, u can only use an app that recognizes the ISO 9141 protocol, so u cant use the lovely dashcommand, coz apparently dashcommand only has the SAE protocols.

so i went back with the stock app Logworks, and it worked like a charm, all i needed to do in the beginning to select the protocol as the ISO 9141, and then chose the option of adding more than one channel "the one channel reads the RPM", so i added 16 channels, not all of the things u add will actually show, but the important things are there like the TPS and MAP readings, u can also read the faults and clear them, although u may have to scan several times, the connection can be a bit sluggish.

i have induced a purposeful misfire to try the clearing fault function is working, and it did work.

i am in the process of trying to use the usb cable on a mac to try read the obd, but i dont expect much luck, coz little support for mac computers.
i hope this will help any of u, i will be asking about some parameters later.

Old 05-08-2018, 06:04 PM
JeeperDon
All Star
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I use the ELM327 unit's odd eBay. I have one in each vehicle. I also use a proper phone thats not picky, any of my Android devices with the Torque App. I also don't leave it plugged in all the time, and don't have a wife, so I have none of your other problems.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Obd-II tool OT-2 wifi connection problem