1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

holy freaking cow...

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 12:04 AM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default holy freaking cow...

So I finally got mymp pcm today in the mail and all I have to say is holy freaking cow...I'm allmost afaid of how fast it gets up and goes now... lol I pulled out of my ally and floor it like I always do and get to normally where I put the brakes on...now realize here in montana they throw tons of gravel down on the streets for traction in snow, no snow now but there was a week ago... and have never had problems stopping at that corner before... well It got up and went so fast that I started to slide on the gravel for about 50 ft and ended up in the middle of a busy street. thank god no one was coming... So I head to the gas station about a mile away in just wonder how it got up to 40 so quick... was having so much fun ended up passing the gas station by a mile or so before realizing where I was going was long gone and pasted... I cant wait for my AMM Intake manifold to come. I have tons of power down low but need some ***** up top. and his long N/A runner intake is supposed to do just that without taking to much bottom end out of it....god i think im going to giggle like a little girl...oh wait I did that allready tonight. lol It even smoothed out my idel quite a bit, have the whine I've read about coming from the pcm...old one never did that... oh and my fans finally work... ended up that the previous owner that did the 96 motor swap in my 95 car including wiring from a 96 so that I have 2 pcm plugs not one ended up using a 97 sohc pcm and not a 96 witch had the external fan relay...my fans have never worked till tonight... Wow...My fans work...

Old 01-07-2008, 12:12 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker
Default RE: holy freaking cow...

I have a similar story, but with a dohc. 1st gear 0-40 , 2nd gear 40-60 , 3rd60-115, and I have never tried topping 4th. The dohc is limied to 147mph. Glad to hear you are pleased with your purchase. Any plans of running a larger cam, or a magnum head? May wanna upgrade brakes and suspension.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:24 AM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

Thats just about where im shifting but with a little power left...

suspention is fine have an ACR, bigger sway bars, koni's. you know... as for braking it locks up nice. lol...

I have a 95 cam laying here in perfect condition bearly any wear hardly tell that it was ever in a car... however I do want to run a bigger cam then the 95 or mag or 10#. If I get the 14 I really dont know if it will work well due to it being a turbo grind and the 16 requires higher compresstion pistions and race prepped head... plus springs and retainers... Willing to spend for the springs and what not but Who knows...Kinda looking into the zex cams like these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ZEX-C...spagenameZWDVW
and I've heard of them working well in second gens but it also says that you dont need upgraded springs...kind weird that you need them for crane but not zex....

Really dont want to go mag head concidering they cost so much and I really dont want to deal with the manifold issue...

Old 01-07-2008, 12:28 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

sounds fun...i remember my first slide in dirt...i was only 15 starting to speed up past what i should(most people would go 5-15 on a dirt road i was going 50+ and still do) and i slid for a hell of a long time...after that...a few180's...and a hell oflot of powerslidesin the dirt i dont even slide at all unless i want tooit just takes practice....nice to here your liking it though...i have a friend with a r/t and he loves his mopar pcmto death.

Old 01-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

You mean the exhaust manifold or intake?

Plenty of n/a sohc use the #14. You'll be fine. Going to go standalone this year for the next setup. You redline at about 7300?

Old 01-07-2008, 12:40 AM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

I know in my mind that the ports are a little different then ours I want to say its the exaust but not sure... just different size... I belive this is why moderen sells different mpx mid lenth headers for the regular and magnum (sorry for sp im drunk.) heads...

Old 01-07-2008, 12:54 AM
99 Neon
Veteran

it only adds like 5-8 hp but as long as your feeling and liking the diffrence im happy for ya just remember to use that 93 octane

Old 01-07-2008, 12:56 AM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

have 91 in it now and no sign of knock (well yet). But you also have to realize that in this small of an engine 2.0 that is 8-11 is very noticable...

Old 01-07-2008, 02:29 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Ghost Neon 2

The dohc is limied to 147mph.
any regular doh neon and the r/t's are limited to 130mph....
i used to hit that speed limiter every day on the way home from work going down the interstate..

your about as gidy as i was the 1st time i put my fully built motor in my car

Old 01-07-2008, 08:16 AM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: estneon

sounds fun...i remember my first slide in dirt...i was only 15 starting to speed up past what i should(most people would go 5-15 on a dirt road i was going 50+ and still do) and i slid for a hell of a long time...after that...a few180's...and a hell oflot of powerslidesin the dirt i dont even slide at all unless i want tooit just takes practice....nice to here your liking it though...i have a friend with a r/t and he loves his mopar pcmto death.
If you love dirt slides I think you'd enjoy how peacfull ebrake slides can be ina snow filled parking lot going 35mph in the parking lots then hitting the ebrake and giving the wheel a slight jerk and the car does the most peacefull turn no noise just a puff of snow and a perfect 180!

Quick Reply: holy freaking cow...