1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

muffler....got the pics on now......

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 12:44 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: muffler....got the pics on now......

im sure it has nothing ot do with performance.. firstly there cheap.. second most are better then stock.. and third some people like the sound.. and i think they look pretty cool with the right body kit

Old 02-21-2008, 03:26 PM
AJay
Veteran

i didnt pay anyting for the muffler....just the clamps...i like the look...and i love the sound it sounds much better than my other one....

Old 02-21-2008, 10:23 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

well its probly a good thing people dont buy them for performance because I am sure in some instances where the outlet is too big that its causingbackpressure which is actually hurting their performance. In fact if you rev your engine and you get a lot of popping sounds as the revs decrease its probly doing more harm than good.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:13 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^I would agree with you on some points, but I think it's a phase that everyone most likely goes through. Try driving 4 or more hours with that muffler sound and you kinda start liking the quiet sound of the stock muffler alot more.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:24 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: das2123

^^^I would agree with you on some points, but I think it's a phase that everyone most likely goes through. Try driving 4 or more hours with that muffler sound and you kinda start liking the quiet sound of the stock muffler alot more.
I KNOW THATS RIGHT!!!

Or try sneaking away from your house at night without waking the neighbors.
Thats exactly why I never changed the exhaust on my '04 Hemi from stock, I like the quiet and the gain in performance is negligible to begin with. And my truck is more than fast enough and I have stealth instead of all of that added noise. And let me tell you here in TX there are more trucks than cars and I cant begin to tell you how many of the rednecks down here love super loud exhausts kinda like Harley dudes... they are everywhere. Its nice to have the quiet ride for a change.

Old 02-22-2008, 11:52 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

i agree totaly with that.. thats why i switched to the dynomax turbo muffler it sounds great and is only loud when i get on it

Quick Reply: muffler....got the pics on now......