1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Runs rough and fuel pump fuse blows

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 08:47 PM
shawnster88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Runs rough and fuel pump fuse blows

Last month my wifes car (98 DOHC) timing belt broke. I replaced all the valves cause every one of them bent. Anyway, I finally got the car back together and running then today my wife called me on the side of the road, again. She said she came up to a stop sign and the car just shut off. I found the fuel pump fuse blown and replaced it and it started up. I followed her home from there, and she pulled over one time saying the car was running really rough. We got it home, and I was gonna take it down the road. If your speeding up or maintaining speed it's fine. When you let off the gas to approach a stop sign or something it starts running rough and then shuts off (fuel pump fuse blows). I managed to rob fuses from wipers and other stuff to get it home. Any ideas on what's causing that?? Bad fuel pump?? Thanks guys, you all helped me alot with my timing belt issue before.

Old 01-04-2009, 09:39 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

check your O2 sensor wiring

Old 07-22-2009, 11:56 PM
justinsanders
Captain

check o2 sensor wiring? im having almost the identical issue but what would the o2 sensor have to do with it.

for the turbo i had to extend the upstream o2 sensor and i have a narrow band hooked into it but its not working at this time but i was wonderin what this would have to do with the fuel pump fuse blowing

Old 07-23-2009, 10:15 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

ive had the wires metl on the exhaust header and cause this problem. Another thing it could be is sending unit in the tank, but its best to check everthing else first.

Old 07-23-2009, 09:35 PM
sabin420
Captain

I've had the same problem...the o2 sensor wiring problem does blow the fuel pump fuse.

Quick Reply: Runs rough and fuel pump fuse blows