1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

srt4 exhaust on 1g

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 01:07 PM
Altima_wb
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^have to agree the jet chip is a scam... but it didn't take till then in his post to lose his credibility with me just reading the way he was talking about the exhaust holding the neon back lol... the stock exhaust on a neon is 2.25" mandrel bent pipe... and with the dohc muffler it will flow more then you will ever need unless going turbo or building a full race all motor engine... pretty much all your changing is sound.. and of course looks.. which is the only reason i'm looking for a different muffler setup for my car i just want it to look a lil nicer seen as the stock dohc muffler is pretty ugly... and unless i find a good deal on a muffler setup like i want i'll keep the car the way it is... there are plenty of other mods i have planned first due to the fact they actually accomplish something besides looking good....

Old 06-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

I am fine with me looseing my creditability with you das2123 and altima, so I put a 2.5" on my sxt so what, its what I wanted, are you going to bash everyone that does something different, or something that you dont agree with. Yea I put on the Jet chip, no I dont beling to the org. so I didnt know about it, everyone does something stupied on their cars and learn from it, some do chips, others do under drive crank pulley's. Spudsterier when you were going through your different systems did you dyno each one to fine out which is better? I was just wondering. Yea the 2.5 changed the tone to a bit deeper, thats why I also mated it to the flowmaster for a good sounding exhaust, thats what I chose to do, I posted up to see if anyone else wanted to try it out, see how they might like it. Just putting my .02 in. The only part that hinders the neon system is the stock muffler on a SOHC, I know this, didnt know about the DOHC one but now I do. No I didnt feel my way up to my old 303hp, yea I put somethings on, that others didnt like but hey its my ordeal, and later I found something better to put on. Everyone does thing differently, and saying oh you lost your creditability is just retarded, Im not out to prove anything, just posting up the things Ive done.

Last edited by Moparmatt440; 06-18-2009 at 06:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:05 AM
dipsherry
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i appricate everyone posting there opinion on this whole exhaust thing. I know i have not seen any horse power gain from any setup i have had i just did it for sound and looks but neon is a atx and slow as *****.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:27 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

No worries. This whole enthusiast "lifestyle" is a learning curve. I never said you "lost creditbility with me. Also dod not try any exhaust systems. Might have been someone else.

Old 06-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

Sry Ghost, post fixed, my sincere apologizes.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:31 AM
spudsterier
Legend

Originally Posted by Moparmatt440
Spudsterier when you were going through your different systems did you dyno each one to fine out which is better? I was just wondering.
i did skip one or two, but i did dyno the rest. and i would go do a 1/4 mile drag after every change as well.

Last edited by spudsterier; 06-19-2009 at 01:37 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

okay just curious, what was the out comes?

Old 06-19-2009, 11:44 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i have to find all my records since this was all done about 5 years ago, but if i recall correctly....
everything was tested on a 98 dohc r/t and the best bang for your buck was a long tube header and a borla muffler....together added an average of 11 hp on the midrange.
sohc neons had better output from a shorty pacesetter header.
the difference between 2.25" pipe and 2.5" pipe was hardly noticable....the biggest problem is that most mufflers designed for a neon only have a 2.25" inlet. so even if you put 2.5" pipe on a car, it basically cancels it out since the size goes back down to 2.25" at the muffler.
as for a 1/4 mile difference, long tube header, high flow muffler and 2.5" pipe only shaved off an average of 1/10th of a second....

now when you throw a mopar performance pcm in the mix, then its a whole different ball game.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Moparmatt440
Veteran

ture, well thats why I put the flowmaster 2.5 single in dual 2.5 out on mine, so all in all its not that bad, but yea money can be spent else where, such as a Mopar pcm.

Quick Reply: srt4 exhaust on 1g