DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Gen Neon (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-neon-77/)
-   -   Turbo neon running like crap (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-neon/206308-turbo-neon-running-like-crap.html)

I_Ride_Neon 07-03-2009 06:37 PM

Turbo neon running like crap

I drove the car, parked it and came back a few hours later. Right when I started it I heard a missfire. I noticed the wideband is running rich. Even in boost I am running super rich. I changed my plugs, checked compression and its all good. Even with the new plugs it wont fire right. When it warms up it runs fine but still super rich. Whats the deal? Changed the coil also. Input?

DOHCgarrett t3 07-03-2009 07:33 PM

when is the last time you changed the PCV?

ottoretto 07-04-2009 12:09 PM

or can be injectors, clean it up, and check out to the fuel filter!

I_Ride_Neon 07-04-2009 04:52 PM

The pcv was replaced 3k miles ago, and I just removed and checked it yesterday. The fuel system is fine. BUT I was thinking maybe a injector was sticking on? Or do you think someone putting something in my gas tank would cause this? I ran the check engine and it says system rich, and no signal from o2. The o2 is hooked up, and the wires seem to be fine. I dont have a spare o2 laying around to check it.

I_Ride_Neon 07-04-2009 04:56 PM

Oh yea I started it up and family from out of town was here. The idle was really choppy and my family insisted I put cams in the car. Haha. I have a big cruise tomorrow and need it figured out otherwise I will be driving it how it is. I hate to drive it so rich.

I_Ride_Neon 07-05-2009 03:11 PM

Today I changed both O2 brand new. Still the same. I checked the pressure and BAM it was over 100 psi at prime, and start up. Now I cant figure out why its running at that much fuel. Like I said I parked the car, came back and it was like that. Any ideas?

Ghost Neon 2 07-05-2009 06:15 PM

Do you have an AFPR?

Have you checked your timing?

Is the MAP sensor faulty?

ottoretto 07-05-2009 09:31 PM

well, man i got the same problem, but its no my pressure, the tps signal its about 7,5v, when it got to be 5v xD... if u got a bigger fuel pump, it can be there the problem, or that can be usefull, just put in the fuel rail a fuel regulator and put the pressure at 49 psi, if u see lean, play a lil with ur new toy, hehehhe its good cuz if u want a lil more o boost u can add more fuel with that regulator!!

I_Ride_Neon 07-05-2009 10:48 PM

Whats a afpr? I have not checked the timing, but I dont throw codes and the timing belt seems to be in good shape. The problem is the high fuel pressure. I pulled apart my regulator today and it seems to work fine, and its clean. I am wondering if something plugged up back in the fuel pump canister. I have been working on this thing for 2 days and cannot pin point where this fuel is coming from. I broke it down to being high pressure (should be at 23, its at over 100). Now I just need to know why.

Good info otto but I am using a rrfpr. and I have bigger then stock injectors. That wont work for me. The car was tuned perfect 14.7 at idle and 15.2 cruise, high 11's on boost. Then all the sudden I have monster pressure in my fuel rail.

ottoretto 07-06-2009 12:18 AM

lol!!! iunno what is the afpr and rrfpr, so i just say, use the regulator and put the pressure at 49psi, that its the exact pressure on the fuel rail, if ur using less pressure, u can make some tweaks and put where it was it, cuz its pretty easy if u got an wide band (wanting a lot one xD) i think ur fuel regulator on the pump its death!!!...