1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Sohc Neon Engine Wire Harness Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 11:02 AM
96NeonJunk
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sohc Neon Engine Wire Harness Questions???

Hey guys was on ebay looking for a sohc neon engine wireharness, since the engine were basically the same, Wanted to get some confirmation that 97-01 sohc neon engine harnesses are the same. I know the engines them selves are the same. let me know what you think.

Old 01-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Nuklhed074
Veteran

maybe a little diff jus because of things they might have put in the newer ones but as long abs and things like that are the same between ebay harness and your motor you should be good

Old 01-12-2010, 12:59 PM
Tizzy1
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are numerous harnesses for each model year. There is a part number tag on it somewhere, usually by the PDC (fuse box). I would try to match that number if at all possible. The letters at the end can be different but the numbers should be the same.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:49 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

Neon engine harnesses come in a variety of trim levels per years manufactured. The 95 harness has a different bulkhead, so that is not an option. From 96-97 connectors changed in 98-99 neons. The connectors for the fuel injectors, speed sensor, crank position sensor, O2 sensors, and the connectors under the fuse box. Pull one yourself from the yard, or from someone that knows what to look for. Finding poor wiring splices, or getting the wrong harness overall would be a waste of time and money.

There is a guy on big org that cleans up engine harnesses for wire tucks and such. $300 is better than the dealer wanting $600+ for a new harness.

Last edited by Ghost Neon 2; 01-13-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:32 PM
96NeonJunk
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ghost Neon 2
Neon engine harnesses come in a variety of trim levels per years manufactured. The 95 harness has a different bulkhead, so that is not an option. From 96-97 connectors changed in 98-99 neons. The connectors for the fuel injectors, speed sensor, crank position sensor, O2 sensors, and the connectors under the fuse box. Pull one yourself from the yard, or from someone that knows what to look for. Finding poor wiring splices, or getting the wrong harness overall would be a waste of time and money.

There is a guy on big org that cleans up engine harnesses for wire tucks and such. $300 is better than the dealer wanting $600+ for a new harness.

yea everything in this one is a 99 dohc harness the only thing that i havent got matched up was the tps sensor & iac valve plugs, and the atx throttle body that i have came on cast intake so assuming its probably 95 or early 96...i'll have to hit up the junk yard when i get a chance.

Quick Reply: Sohc Neon Engine Wire Harness Questions???