1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

96 Radio not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Ollie Copeland
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 Radio not working

Hey guys, I'm new here and answering all of the questions I can, hoping someone will answer mine.

I have a 96 Neon, kind of a beater, but it works. The radio does not work, and it never worked when I bought it. When I turn the dash lights on, it lights up (the buttons, not the time). When I put a casset in, it can fast forward and rewind. But there is no time display and it obviously isn't playing music. When I push power, nothing happens. I've triple checked the fuse, and I've checked the wiring. I don't know much about the electrical part, but from what I can see, it looks fine.

Anyone have this problem before? Thanks

Old 06-25-2012, 03:31 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just get a cheap aftermarket one and throw it in there. Probably better than troubleshooting a 17 year old stock radio.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:15 AM
4doorneon
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an issue with my constant wire being bad, pink wire. I took a piece of 14 gauge remote wire and ran it over to my fuse box to my number 1 fuse which is for the cigar lighter. If you try this make sure the wire has a break in it with another fuse and when you wrap the wire around the 15a fuse you put the side with wire in the top section because that is the powered side. I will include a picture for a better description on what I mean. Name:  mms_picture1.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  111.1 KB

Quick Reply: 96 Radio not working