1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

97 Neon Rear Brake Shoes

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:29 PM
mertimooo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Neon Rear Brake Shoes

Help!! Need a diagram or something to show me how to CORRECTLY reassemble the new shoes and wheel cylinders. Had someone "help" me and im afraid that they did not put it back together correctly considering ive blown out 2 wheel cylinders in less than 2 hours!! Any help is greatly appreciated!

Old 05-14-2013, 06:27 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Send me a picture and I can tell you whats wrong. Or go to a website like this: http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/...category=20302

They offer parts diagrams. Also found some pictures on google.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:27 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Either your missing something or the shoes are sitting on the anchors right. Should not be blow wheel cylinders unless the pads are moving out or forward way to much.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:14 AM
mertimooo

Thanks for everyones input!
UPDATE: Last night I got home and put new wheel cylinders on it along with the new brake shoes. I just tore each side back apart and re-did it myself (so I would only have myself to blame now, LOL) and did the whole "put it in reverse to set the brake adjustment" and guess what - NO STOPPAGE WHAT SO EVER!! Sooooo - after getting the tractor out so I can get my car outta the pond overflow ditch, I got my daughter to assist me with bleeding the brake lines.....Still nothing - now I have NO BRAKES at all.....New ideas???? And YESSSSS - I am a GURL, lol, but I made darn sure I had everything put together correctly, mirror imaged of each side per the diagram - HELP!

Old 05-15-2013, 09:53 AM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

You will need to bleed the entire system. Something possibly is still not right in the rear brakes.

Quick Reply: 97 Neon Rear Brake Shoes