1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

window shake

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 12:33 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default window shake

Hey guys i was wondering if there was anything i could do to stop my windows from shaking when going over bumps. when i'm driving and the window is rolled down i can hear the glass on both my driver and passenger side just clanking around inside the door. is there anything that i need to tighten or something?

Old 07-19-2006, 12:36 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: window shake

possibly? do you have a hard time rolling it up, as in you have to pull and roll, or pull and hold the button?

Old 07-19-2006, 12:39 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

rolls down easy and rolls up easy so...

Also with the rear windows are there anyway of making them go down farther? or would there be clearance issues with the way the door is shaped.

i dont have powerwindows either so...

Old 07-19-2006, 01:08 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok I just went outside and rolled my window down, roll your window completely down, remove the black strip on the outer side of the window as if you where looking into your car, now look down and you should see a black object, its rubber and rectangular, check to see if it is allowing a little more play then it should, after rolling it up and down over a period of time, the rubber piece could have become worn allowing the window to shake some, and as for the window going down further, there would be a problem with the way the class is shapped and because of the tracks it lays on.

Quick Reply: window shake