1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

stock fuel regulator and begi rrfpr

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 09:59 AM
mmench
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default random turbo complaining

ok i finally got everything done to my car except for the clutch and lsd. (will be taking pictures tonite). anyway i am running stock 03 srt4 injectors. how can i reduce idle fuel pressure a few pounds or wat not with these big *** injectors.. ?

Last edited by mmench; 08-28-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:35 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

with the begi injector, loosen the nut on top and use an allen wrench to turn the stud counter clockwise....then tighten down the nut...
the begi injector also has an adjuster screw on the side of the regulator...if i remember correctly, this us used to adjust the fuel pressure while under boost...

when i had my begi regulator, on the outlet port i hooked up a T fitting...1 side was the fuel line that went to the fuel rail, the other side was a port for a fuel pressure gauge that was hooked up all the time

the problem with running bigger injectors is the tuning....

Old 08-26-2008, 12:13 PM
mmench
Captain

yea i have a port just before the reg. for my pressure sender.. im at like 44 pounds of fuel now wich is like just a hair under 500cc. i did some adjusting to the top screw but i was under the impression that it was just for wen you have 0 vacume to like 2 pounds of boost.. so that it raises pressure for for the start of boost.. however it did drop to 44 . i didnt push it much lower than that yet.
and yea the screw on the side is how you adjust the amount of fuel/ rate of gain under boost
bigger injectors = pisses me off sometimes

Old 08-26-2008, 05:39 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i got rid of my bigger injectors and used the stock ones just because i was tired of messing with the fuel pressure.
but anyways, the top screw is to adjust your baseline fuel pressure...it can drop the fuel pressure down to 0 pis or up to sumwhere around 100+ psi

Old 08-27-2008, 08:25 AM
mmench
Captain

yea ill try it tonite..

i didnt get a chance to last nite because when i was re-routing some lines we got a call to meet up at a "car meet" . just a bunch of guys in a parking lot under a bridge bull shttn with each other.a few people went else were to race or wat not but then a 305 swaped s10 and a 4g63 mitsu truck with wat looked like a bigger turbo raced in the one side of the lot. they were dead even but there musta been a cop watching us cuz the made it like 50 feet wen the lites popped on lol. need less to say we all hoped in our cars and left. we didnt have to leave since we didnt do anything but better be safe. Then.... on the way home we pulled up next to our friends turbo honda and (us in a lancer) precede to run 100 down the highway. a bmw flew past us and the honda chased him down till the state trooper went by even faster lol. we all just took the next exit and took backroads home. nobody got caught

i was surprised as hell that anything like this happend around my area since its all nothing but country and fields. but seems like every turesday they meet up with evo's, sti's, supra's, bmw's, turbo everything you can think of,

now back to the car lol.. my biggest question now is how hard is it to install the phantom lsd unit.. since im putting the stage 3+ clutch in next week ill do that at the same time

Old 08-27-2008, 10:02 AM
spudsterier
Legend

honestly i have no idea how to install the LSD. when i got mine, it was alredy installed in the ring gear on the tranny...
i just took the whole setup (gears and all) out of the bad tranny and put it in my good tranny

Old 08-28-2008, 08:27 AM
mmench
Captain

DAMIT.. now im having a problem keeping the IC pipe that comes directly of the turbo on.. seems like the boot wont go high enough to clamp good

Old 08-28-2008, 10:07 AM
spudsterier
Legend

yeah its kind of a pain in the ***....try double clamping it

Old 08-28-2008, 02:36 PM
mmench
Captain

idk if i can double clamp it. i can just barely get the first on there because the oil drain tube is really close to the turbo outlet. now in order for me to clamp it i had to put another (smaller) piece of hose under my piping coupler so that it would be large enough diameter for the clamp to tighten far enough. idk if this is affecting it or wat not but dam i hate pipes lol.

Old 08-29-2008, 08:37 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i had to spend a day figuring out how to bend the oil return tube so that i could fit the intercooler pipe on the outlet easily, get the tube to stay away from the exhaust, and bend it enough to go around the steering rack...
it was a pain in the ***

Quick Reply: stock fuel regulator and begi rrfpr