1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Please someone help me out

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 01:59 AM
Danthony_10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Please someone help me out

Okay I just got a 2 door 5 speed 97 neon. Its got the DOHC motor in it. I am redoing the car and i need some help. I want the car to REALLY stand out. So I want to modify it and Cusomise it in each and every way possible. I am thinking about shaving the door handles , 3rd brake light and key hole, and the gas tank door too. I saw this neon that had the gas door behind the passenger side tail light. I have no Idea at all on how to do this. Is there a kit or somthing? Please if you know how to do the Shaved door handles and stuff tell me how. AND if there is anyone out there who knows how to put the gas door behind the tail light...PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW!!!! And if you think of anything i can do to this car that would make it stand out from the crowed Please let me know, I am open to any and all ideas. If you know anything like how to make it faster or easy upgrades or tricks or interior parts or ideas LET ME KNOW....I REALLY wanna trick it out EVERY way possible.....Sorry so Long but thanks in advance to those who read this and help me out....My email is Danthony_20@yahoo.com if you wanna send me any pics or anything.....

Old 08-30-2008, 04:59 AM
kabuk1
Professional

Whatever you do, PLEASE don't rice it out. It does not look good on Neons. Rice is like Kryptonite to Neons. Your car will cry little oily tears if it has to go out in public with altezza taillights, 20 inch chrome wheels, or a buzzy little fart pipe. No offense to anyone whose car might look like that, but come on. Leave the rice to the Honda people.

That said, there are many very cool mods you can do without making your car look stupid. I think the best looking cars have some of the subtlest mods, like a really nice, clean paint job or nice wheels. I have almost the same car you do so we can trade ideas. I like the shaved handles idea. So far due to my VERY low funds all I've been able to do is convert all my interior lighting to blue. I have plans though, I think I might stick my dead SRT4's old spoiler on it, and I'm gonna track down either an SXT or an SRT4 interior and swap it out with mine. I've heard it bolts right in. If money isn't an issue, do lambo doors. On a 2 door they look REALLY good. When you say the gas door was behind the tail light, do You mean it was on the back of the trunk, or that it was actually UNDER the taillight so you have to lift the taillight to get to it?

Old 08-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Danthony_10

Look at this site here.....Its actually behind the tail light Ive saw it on a couple different ones. But i dont know how to do it.

http://www.mautofied.com/listing-100019911.htm

Old 08-31-2008, 12:45 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

the tail light was definaty a custom job; you can see where they use cabnet hardware so the light would latch. other than that, there are plenty of mods that you can do to the motor (just stay away from the WAI that are sold on Ebay. and search for 3.0 CAI or get yourself an Iceman if you plan to run NA.