1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

ARG!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 01:43 PM
racerx55
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARG!

this stupid car, ive cleaned the positive battery post 10 times, put a new clamp on, and STILL lose connection on it, driving down the road, every time i take off the radio and dash goes off, then the dash comes back on, radio and ABS light go on-off-on-off-on-off-on , and sometimes when i turn off the key the radio shuts off with the key instead of waiting, and sometimes it comes back on at random for a few seconds, lol, my car is posessed. then i try to start it and lose connection on the positive post again, what fun
beginning to wonder if my ignition switch is crappin out, it doesnt affect it at all if i wiggle the key while its going crazy
when evrything inside goes dead the engine stays running and the check engine and air bag light stay lit, headlights all stay on and dash illum. lights, the accesory power is what i keep losing,radio , heat blower, wipers, ive wiggled every wire and switch in that damn car and it wont act up sitting still - i go drive it **** starts flippin out almost every time i let the clutch out, ive checked ground straps, and wires, hot wires, relays, gallon of gas and a lighter will fix it.....[>:]

Old 10-15-2006, 02:23 PM
pimpberetta
Veteran
Default RE: ARG!

Maybe the computer has taken a beating and wants to retire? If you have a spare try'er out.

Old 10-15-2006, 02:34 PM
NEONRT98
All Star

Alright, so you have done all this with the positive terminal. Have you checked at the relay box? I know I had to replace the line from the Positive terminal to the black relay box behind the battery when I first got my car. Might want to check there!

Old 10-15-2006, 02:50 PM
racerx55
Record Breaker

yea i took that off and cleaned it too, it was a little corroded, same result, and to be sure i cleaned up all the grounds and the connections on the starter, pulled the relays and fuses

Old 10-15-2006, 07:17 PM
ewetho
All Star

You have a broken wire somewhere from the sounds of it. You keep blaming it on the positive battery post, how did you determine this??? Is it a battery shifting plates and internally shorting??

Old 10-15-2006, 07:27 PM
racerx55
Record Breaker

i think it is, try to start it, click, evrything goes dead, , then it all magically comes back on then it cranks over just fine, i just replacd a few wires that werent too healthy lookin and the hot and ground cables both were green all the way through, and it still does the same ****, but it turns over a little faster

Old 10-16-2006, 01:01 PM
racerx55
Record Breaker

well i never figured it out, i wound it up to the rev limiter, let the clutch go and gave it run to over 100 MPH and it hasnt done it since
go figure[:'(]

Old 10-16-2006, 03:39 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe you just needed to blow the cob webs outta there

Old 10-16-2006, 04:53 PM
ZiggyNeon
Veteran

ORIGINAL: racerx55

i think it is, try to start it, click, evrything goes dead, , then it all magically comes back on then it cranks over just fine, i just replacd a few wires that werent too healthy lookin and the hot and ground cables both were green all the way through, and it still does the same ****, but it turns over a little faster
maybe spuds right but when my car was doing the whole click once or twice and die thing it was a bad ground

Old 10-17-2006, 06:21 AM
racerx55
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

maybe you just needed to blow the cob webs outta there
yea lol i beat the hell out of that thing all the time, still hasnt acted up since that