1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Photo Gallery

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 05:40 PM
95NeonJS
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photo Gallery

Updated my photo gallery. (Finally) I really need to invest in a digital camera. Some were taken with my friends camera others taken with a cell. Anyway check it out. I'll take some full pics and some of the engine bay and all the performance mods when I get home. Just got bored at work so I ran out to the parking lot and took some pics... Psh. I gotta do something productive! Tell me what you think.

My Neon

Old 10-18-2006, 05:52 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Default RE: Photo Gallery

ah you *** I was gona go for white and black, well except I was gona do my door panels, fabric, the dash speaker holes, that heater vent part, and some other stuff now I gotta think of something else lol, F it lol im still gona go black and white, nice job though, how did you keep the airbag from not chipping?

Old 10-18-2006, 06:42 PM
rrwertz
Professional

things I like: doing the engine swap and clutch yourself
things I don't like: huge wing, alteezas, not a fan of painting the inside pieces of the car.

just my $.02 though.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:43 PM
95NeonJS
Professional

I used spray paint. Its called fabric and vinyl. I picked it up at autozone. What i did was tore everything out of the car. Taped up everything and put plastic througout the passengers side so only the airbag was exposed. Then I used an adhesive promoter (another can at autozone) Than I sprayed the promoter. Followed the directions and sprayed the paint. After I applied a clear coat with a clear coat spray paint. you can touch it, bump it, scratch at it. Its not going to chip. Same thing with all the rest of the interior.

Oh and by the way I am also doing my door panels and my fabric. (I KNOW I KNOW I FORGOT TO DO MY DAMN SPEAKER HOLES!!! EVERYONE SAYS.... "hey why didn't you do the speaker holes that would have looked awesome." But I did do the defrost vent. The inside part of it. I pulled the actual vent out. You'll see it when you take out the dash. And everyone compliments that atleast.) I got seats out of a 2002, and i'm going to have them re-upholstered to match. I'm just not done yet. And dude just cause I've done it doesn't mean you can't. Its whatever makes you happy. I'm glad that you like the colors. And definitely send me some pics when your done.

Old 10-18-2006, 07:52 PM
95NeonJS
Professional

ORIGINAL: FuzzRacer

ah you *** I was gona go for white and black, well except I was gona do my door panels, fabric, the dash speaker holes, that heater vent part, and some other stuff now I gotta think of something else lol, F it lol im still gona go black and white, nice job though, how did you keep the airbag from not chipping?
Fuzz i really like that black fabric in the back seat. The black and gray looks awesome. If you did the outside parts white I think that would look great too. I also like the fabric in the back window. Better than that crazily fuzzy gray crap that I got in mine. Looks good

Old 10-18-2006, 07:54 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good, should of done the air vents differently
i took mine all apart and painted the sliders and fins inside, then did a light coat with a black metal flake on the outside piece....besides painting the vent lets the air flow alot better, and when you do the grill covers for the dash speakers you can actually hear them better

painted the wifes vents in her old car the same as i did mine....i just cant find a pic of mine, so here is what hers looked like

[IMG]local://upfiles/29901/A1FA73E674744746891E3EAC934CF7B3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-18-2006, 08:13 PM
95NeonJS
Professional

That is awesome! My interior was all gray. Atleast the interior in that model is black. But i really really like that! The purple really stands out and gives it an awesome effect.

Old 10-18-2006, 11:06 PM
spudsterier
Legend

hers was purple and mine was red....i was gonna take all the purple out of the interior and swap it back to stock before we traded it, but i figured it wasnt hard to paint it, so i can always just paint new ones.....

Old 10-19-2006, 12:17 AM
lateralus823
Veteran

Does the air bad cover thing just pop off or what? im interested in doing this and wanna do the same type of stuff you did.

Old 10-19-2006, 12:28 AM
spudsterier
Legend

the top of the air bag????
if you take off the top of the dash(pull it up), then you take off the top screws that hold on the trim piece around the air bag(that the vents are in) then pull that piece off.....then remove the top airbag screws(i think there are about 4 of them)...then up in the inside top of the glove box there are 2 bolts that hold the air bag in.....after all bolts and screws are removed, just pull out the air bag.....but disconnect the battery first

Quick Reply: Photo Gallery