DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   1st Gen Neon (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-neon-77/)
-   -   1st gen SRT swap how to; using ngc and the nv-t350 (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen-neon/98965-1st-gen-srt-swap-how-to-using-ngc-and-the-nv-t350.html)

das2123 10-02-2007 08:26 AM

RE: 1st gen SRT swap how to; using ngc and the nv-t350

ORIGINAL: luis

does any one have any info as in how to do the swap?
Did you not read the first post at all??

TigerofH 11-20-2007 12:33 PM

Hey I'm new here and I'm looking at swapping my 1st gen 2.0 for an SRT-4 and had some additional questions. I've found a motor for $1550 and know I'm going to need a PCU and possibly the harnesses. Can you tell me how much money went into the conversion for yours. Also if you could tell me about how much time it took you to do. Thanks.

DaJokerx2 11-21-2007 01:14 PM

I pme'd you.
I updated the how to.
Later
Jake

spp 11-21-2007 02:21 PM

man that is nice swap how much for the complete swap motor and tranny turbo. i got a 97 2 door

tacklen74 01-18-2008 03:25 PM

hey hope someone can help me i have a 96 dodge neon SOHC. its a manual and i swapped the SOHC to a 98 DOHC. at first it ran but it would take forever to crank over i started it like twice and it ran like crap sounded like a vaccume leak so i found them i replaced an EGR gasket and i fixed the leak in my PCV valve when i tried to start it again i wouldnt start i clicked like on the first and 20th try but now it wont do anything no clicking or anything all my gauge lights work and my headlights i got the battrie checked and its alright. got the starter checked and it was ok. i checked the codes but the only thin that it had on it was disconnected coolent temp sensor so i fixed that and it still wont run i also checked all grounds and replaced the battrie terminals. please if anyone can help me i would really appricate it thanks.

Dodgeboymustbetaken 03-24-2008 08:42 PM

Here we go. Cooked the powertrain bad last summer in my 98 R/T (blown head gasket, rear main gasket and clutch gone for sure). Currently has 140000Miles on her. Redid the suspension and steering last summer and paid no attention to the rest cause I was dreaming of doing this swap.

Just got a written off SRT4 with a good running engine. Guy didn't tell me the condition of the rest of the car, I don't really wanna know, he's just sending me the dash forward. 7000 Miles on her for under 6k canadian. I figure it's an ok deal since my 98 r/t is still in decent structural condition.

Got a shop full of knowledgable mechanics to help me out. Just looking for any more info other than this great guide for further research. Hoping to do this swap in under 8hrs and have it filmed and eventually linked for anyone who wants to do this in the future.

Has anybody added the stage II or III mopar kit to the 1st gen 2dr? All I know is that it's gonna be lots of fun finding out.

Once again, any usefull reading material would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Jonesy42008 07-04-2008 12:58 AM

boy im glad this has been done, ive been interested in swapping out my motor with a 2.4 srt, but mine is an automatic 1st gen '96, so can it be done and still kept automatic?

Thanks, Derek

Aerorat 07-04-2008 08:17 AM

Yes It will mate right up to the block

zilfer22 10-06-2009 10:53 PM

thats great im wanting to do the swap also non turbo from and 04 pt cruiser mine is first gen 95 neon 4 lug 4 door. can i keep my original axels and all or do i need to swap all if it out thx

EaTmYdUsT69 12-29-2010 09:34 PM

Best Turbo and mods??

Hey everyone.
My name is Jake and im new to this site. I have a 97 Neon 2 door, 120,000 miles, New exhaust, Lambo doors, 18" wheels, lowered 2", headers, custom interior, Automatic. I was wondering if there was anyway i could put a turbo on the stock motor with this many miles. I dont know if it would be safe, or if I should get a new motor with less miles. Also, would I have to upgrade the tranny too? I had my friend bet me that his GTP with a couple mods, would beat my neon. So i need mods that wont take forever, but just some little things for cheap that I can do. I am upgrading the sparkplugs, and the intake. I dont know what else to do... help?

Thanks