1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

truck went dead while driving down the road

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 03:29 PM
tclark111
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default truck went dead while driving down the road

I have a 93 w/cummins engine, auto, LE and was driving to town this morning and all power went dead engine died also. Luckily a neighbor was driving by and towed me back home it's only about 0 degrees here. So I can't figure this out, the truck has no electrical power. IMPORTANT, the battery is good, no problems there, so no need to go down that road. It's almost like the ignition is not turned on,,,,,,could it be the switch? I have no experience w/that at all. Anyone know how to test or have any suggestions for me? Thanks mush for any help is greatly appreciated, regards, TC

Old 01-17-2009, 04:24 PM
1996Ram318
All Star

Did you check for a blown fusable link.

Old 01-17-2009, 06:05 PM
RedRaptor22

Sounds like a bad/broken battery cable, blown main fuse, or it could be your ignition switch like you said. Those would be my first few things to check out. Turn on the key and grab a test light, start at the battery and work your way around the fuses and wires for anything to do with the ignition system.

Quick Reply: truck went dead while driving down the road