1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Camshaft Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 12:12 PM
5thGenBoyz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camshaft Question

Hey guys been trying to find a good towing camshaft for my truck but for the life of me I cant find one. Summit racing doesn't show one for a 90 model 360. I did some research and from what I can tell they switched to roller cams in 90. I am confused because all the places I look at stop at 89 and then start there applications back up at 92. If anyone would care to share their knowledge with me I would greatly appreciate it. I am just going to go with a mild cam 204-215 duration and no more than 460-470 lift. This is my pulling truck so I don't want it to be like my el camino (244 @.50). I am open to all your thoughts and your recommendations. Thx in advance.

Old 11-04-2012, 01:05 PM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 11-04-2012, 01:09 PM
5thGenBoyz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah just finished reading that one, seems these tbi units have no "learning ability" I was thinking of going real mild just a hair over the factory lift but I'm not going to do it if it's just gonna hurt the engine and not deliver any power. I have already got true duals (2 1/4) with flows and no cats and a good air filter. So I am pretty much done I guess. Truck pulls good I just have to figure out what the "backfire, miss" the truck has when I pull out from a stop.

Quick Reply: Camshaft Question