1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

93 W250 Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 04:10 PM
elkvis
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 W250 Wheels

My 93 W250 has the stock 16x6 wheels. I'm running 285/75R16 tires on it, which seem to "squish" going around corners, and the left front rubs on the steering linkage when I turn the steering wheel more than about 450 degrees (1-1/4 turns) to the right. Nothing rubs when turning left. I'd like to find some 16x8 wheels to improve lateral stability, but also with approximately the same or less backspacing (3.5"), to move the tires outward, and reduce rubbing when turning. Do any of you know of an off-the-shelf (junkyard) wheel that will fit these requirements? What make/model/year should I look for, if such a wheel exists? I've looked at new wheels, but even steel wheels in the size I need seem to be at least several hundred dollars for a set. I don't even want to think about what they'd demand for aluminum. I have no reservations about cutting fenders to clear, if that becomes necessary with the wheels sticking out further. Summit Racing lists this one (https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rlw-88768080) on their website, but even that one isn't quite what I'm looking for, and is way more money than junkyard wheels would be.

Last edited by elkvis; 12-17-2019 at 04:12 PM.

Quick Reply: 93 W250 Wheels