1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1979 Dodge Class C RV

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Oldtrucker63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1979 Dodge Class C RV

I'm new to this site and don't know my way around yet, Can I ask a question here.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Oldtrucker63

I have a 1979 dodge class C RV, I ordered the passenger side Exhaust Manifold from Year one, The one they sent is for the A-body cars It has a FLAT AREA at the collector and the Truck style Exhaust manifold has Like a Doughnut gasket built onto it, My Question is How will this Flat (Smooth) area hook up to the Exhaust,?? How did the old dodge cars hook up I can modify my pipes anyway it takes, I Just need to know how to hook this smooth Exhaust Manifold to a exhaust pipe at the collector.???

Old 08-19-2011, 08:55 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,380 Likes on 3,120 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldtrucker63
I have a 1979 dodge class C RV, I ordered the passenger side Exhaust Manifold from Year one, The one they sent is for the A-body cars It has a FLAT AREA at the collector and the Truck style Exhaust manifold has Like a Doughnut gasket built onto it, My Question is How will this Flat (Smooth) area hook up to the Exhaust,?? How did the old dodge cars hook up I can modify my pipes anyway it takes, I Just need to know how to hook this smooth Exhaust Manifold to a exhaust pipe at the collector.???
Have a chat with year one. They sent you the wrong part, they should make it right for ya.

Other alternative is to get a donut gasket for it..... any muffler shop should have something for ya.

Also, you might wanna post in the first gen truck section.

@Jason: if you want to be sure it gets done, better suggest it to them, otherwise, they probably will not.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Oldtrucker63

OK I will check the Muffler shop and have them look at this...Thanks.

Old 08-20-2011, 02:06 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Moved this to its own thread in the 1st gen Ram section (pre-1994 Rams).

I know its a RV and not exactly a Dodge Ram, but I still think this would be the best place to get the best help for the OP. If anyone disagrees, PM me and we can discuss moving it somewhere else.

Quick Reply: 1979 Dodge Class C RV