1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Odd thing happening on my truck.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 06:08 PM
Sniper X
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
You people with your SVT's as daily drivers.

Good luck.
it is WAY too fun to let it sit! Plus with only 80K and a warranty for another four years, I might as well drive it!

Old 07-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Sniper X
Captain

I HATE intermittent problems! I decided to change out my fuel pump relay again for the heck of it since I stuck one in there I never trusted, and my problem stopped completely.......for now! At least the last five times I drove the truck it hasn't done this stuff. We shall see I guess! Anyone have a wiring diagram for the fuel pump relay under the hood?

Old 07-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Sniper X
Captain

Well, drove 60 miles again yesterday and no problems....

Old 08-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Sniper X
Captain

Well, started happening again. I hardly have to drive this truck, but we had a 4h Roado and a fair this month and pitching up in a Focus SVT is just not RIGHT! So, I talke the truck, happened once the first day, then almost left me stranded the next! I am going to pick up the new one tomorrow or today at Napa since they have it locally for 23 dollars....THANKS EVEYONE! Cross yer fingers and lets hope this is it. My best bud here who is a total Mopar head when I told him the symptoms said right off the top of his head, hall effects dizzy pick up coil!!!!

Old 08-22-2013, 05:17 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

at least you knew it was coming. should only be 2 screws holding it it and i have been told you can change it without removing the distributor.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:09 PM
Sniper X
Captain

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
at least you knew it was coming. should only be 2 screws holding it it and i have been told you can change it without removing the distributor.
Should be able to no problemo. I can get said Mopar bud to do it since I am short and he is 6'7" and has LONG arms!

Old 08-30-2013, 02:54 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

did you get it fixed?

Old 09-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Sniper X
Captain

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
did you get it fixed?
I'll know tomorrow! I am installing it tonite when I get home. I finally picked it up yesterday at NAPA. It has two screws, one on each SIDE of it holding it in the dizzy so is easy to swap out with the dizzy in situ.

Old 09-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Sniper X
Captain

Well, got the new magnetic pick up coil in last eve. Seems to be fixed although I would hesitate to pronounce that fully until I have more miles on it than I put on last eve after the fix. It was a combination of freaking easy, and hard to install since the two screws are almost 180 out from each other on the dizzy and one is smack dab in the middle of the BACK of the ****ing thing.

This makes it so you have to either use a 1/4in box wrench with a phillips bit taped into it, or have a non bent wratcheting 90 degree screw driver that holds bits to get it loose enough to get out then tight enough to stay back in. Other than that screw it was a breeze. Fired right off ran as if new and didn't even hiccup in the five miles I drove it last night after the fix. Although it was getting so bad it would stall four times in the first five minutes of running, it WAS intermittent and you never knew when it was or wasn't going to happen. Next is the fuel pump because neither the sender is good plus I might as well change it since it is the stock one. I'll do the fuel filter too when I do the pump. Where is the fuel filter on this guy anywho?

Last edited by Sniper X; 09-06-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Sniper X
Captain

anyone have a newish, or not very used fuel pump they want to sell that will fit my 1991 W150? 5.2btw....thanks.

Last edited by Sniper X; 09-09-2013 at 05:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Odd thing happening on my truck.