1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

91 Ram W150 question

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 06:48 PM
cheister
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Ram W150 question

Hello!..I am new to this site and have a question...I recently inherited my fathers 1991 Dodge Ram W150 4x4 truck..I went to start it today, and when I did I smelled gas and noticed gas dripping from underneath the truck..upon further investigation, I saw where the leak was..it was beside the gas tank at something that looked like a cellenoid with 2 lines running to it??...Looked like metal lines with some rubber tubing leading into the cellenoid thing??... both the lines were rusted and gas was dripping from this area..It seems to be only when the truck is running..Obviously, I don't know very much about auto repair, so does anyone know what this is and what I can expect to get this repaired?

Thanks for any help!!

Old 11-06-2013, 07:26 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

sounds like you are talking about the fuel lines that run in and out of the fuel filter. you will most likely have to drop the gas tank to replace the fuel lines. you should consider replacing both fuel and return lines. it is not too big of a job. now something you may also want to look at is the brake lines. if the fuel lines are that bad then the brake lines may not be much better.

Quick Reply: 91 Ram W150 question