1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cab lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 06:44 PM
Poweram91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab lights

Hi, I have a 91 dodge 150. I want to run cab lights on it and was wondering how exactly to do it. I don't have a headliner in it(from previous owner) so I can't drill straight through the cab.
Also I was wondering what lights to get. Are the cheap ones from the auto parts store fine or should I spend more for better?
Thanks

Old 07-14-2015, 07:55 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Without finding a creative way to run the wires in between the pieces of sheet metal, not much you can do without drilling holes. As with anything, you get what you pay for. I don't buy the cheapest and I don't buy the most expensive. I usually shop on Amazon and read lots of reviews before buying.

Old 07-16-2015, 10:24 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Did some off road lights on a buddy's old ramcharger with no headliner a number of years ago and I welded about a 3/4" deep by about 18" rectangular box inside the cab about 6" behind windshield to hide bolts and wires and keep things from hanging down. I left the back open for access, but a hinged door would work nicely too...

Quick Reply: Cab lights