1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Code 27 TBI injector circuit 1990 360 auto

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 11:54 AM
ejjaeke
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 27 TBI injector circuit 1990 360 auto

I searched for a similar thread and couldn't find much so I wanted to ask in a new thread: I've been posting about black smoke (raw fuel) blasting out the tail pipe. I've installed new fuel injectors, and still have the same problem.

This morning, while idling in my driveway, it just belched raw fuel and smoke from the exhaust. Then the engine started running really rough.

I did the key dance, and it popped a 27 code for the first time. It says the injector circuit isn't switching when its supposed to, or (1990-) that the injector output driver is not responding.

Can't seem to locate "injector output driver" on rock auto. So I need some help. Anyone have experience with Code 27 on a 1990 360 TBI automatic?

raw fuel, plus some burned black excess. This all belched this morning, then popped a #27 code

Quick Reply: Code 27 TBI injector circuit 1990 360 auto