1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New member and d150 owner

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 10:52 AM
Daddo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member and d150 owner

Hey guys I joined this forum tonhopefully start finding the info I have been looking for. Now I can't even figure out how to make a post to ask my questions. I have a 1990 d150 that I want to turn into a street / strip truck. It runs and drive even has a/c so before I cripple it or disable it I figured i would get started on the body and the chassis first so I can still cruise while working on it. So mainly right now I'm looking for info on moving the leaf springs in the inside of the grain rails for wider tires but I haven't found much on dodges but plenty of c10s. But any pictures suggestions videos would be helpful l. Also maybe what is the best rear end to use stock? Mustang? S10? Just let me know thanks guys hope this works

Old 08-15-2017, 11:12 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Welcome to DF! You want to be in the first Gen Ram section. (I'll move this thread there for ya. )

Old 08-15-2017, 06:16 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Well first off what motor are you planing on using? If you are talking about narrowing the rear/4 link i would think big block. You can't really ride this while you are working on it from what it sounds like you want.

Old 08-15-2017, 10:40 PM
Daddo

I don't want to narrow the rear. I want to leave the frame rails in place. I just want to fit the most tire I can underneath it before getting into the frame. I have seen it done in c10s but I can't find any info when it comes to this dodge. Yes way down the road I plan to go big block but for the time being I want it for the look but at the same time when I go big block I will not have to re do it. If that makes since. I have read guys using A body axles and ladder bars and fitting 33x19.5s under it. I guess I'm asking if that is the only way. Do you have to go full fledge racing suspension or is there somthing in between. Bottom line I would be happy with a 12 inch rim and a 14 inch tire or so

Old 08-16-2017, 07:38 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

You should be able to get nice size tire in there without any mods. It really depends on what motor and what the power output is. Ladder bars are to keep the axle from twisting. The A body rear is a bit smaller width wise so you don't need to narrow it. As for the motor the pcm controls most of it including the dash gauges. So you will have to do some modding if you change the motor or even mod the one in it. It's OBD1 and next to no support for it. Carb is a better option but again depends on what mods you do to it.

Old 08-16-2017, 12:27 PM
Daddo

What is the biggest tire that can be put under it without mods. I only measured like 13 inches