1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'91 Ram 150 won't even turn over

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 07:53 AM
Jered Lipford
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '91 Ram 150 won't even turn over

*New User*
I bought a 91 D150 the other day over in OK. Its got a 318, manual, and I drove it 40 minutes homes. Parked it in the drive and now it won't even turn over. I have very little experience but I've replaced the ground connection because it was frayed. My positive is reading on the meter so I know its not the problem. Also bought a brand new battery. I smacked the starter and still got nothing. But I couldn't even hear the fuel pump click on. Weird part is, the door ajar chime is still coming on. Any ideas or suggestions where to start?

Old 01-27-2018, 01:39 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

have you tried pulling all the spark plugs and then trying to turn the engine over?

Old 01-28-2018, 09:51 PM
Jered Lipford
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
have you tried pulling all the spark plugs and then trying to turn the engine over?
I just figured out the problem yesterday morning. I was testing positive connection for current in the battery, and starter, which both read hot. I also tested my relays and forgot to check the wire that runs to the accessories. It turned out that the wire itself had oxidized inside and stopped working. I spliced it back together and she came alive. Now I just have the task of restoring and learning more at the same time.

Quick Reply: '91 Ram 150 won't even turn over