1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

In cab fuel tank for 75 D300

Old 01-27-2019, 06:48 PM
kcharm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In cab fuel tank for 75 D300

New to the forum.

I just picked up a 75 D300, manual 4 speed for cheap! It's got a dumping stake bed and it's perfect for what I need (a beater to haul stuff with)! It was cheap because it has a few issues. Most of the issues have been or will be taken care of. Needs a battery cable. Previous owner rigged a 2 barrel manifold to hold a 4 barrel carb. Easy stuff like that. But, it also had a clog somewhere in the fuel system. I knew this and what I paid reflected it. I limped it home using a 5 gallon bucket as a fuel tank (so the fuel pump works).

Pulled the sending unit out earlier today. It, and what little I can see of the inside of the tank is nothing but rust. I need to replace the tank but I can't seem to find a replacement for this model. Any suggestions?

As an alternative, with the dump bed, it'd be easy enough to find a spot between the frame rails to put a tank. IF it had one back there originally, and I assume it did, it's long gone.

Thanks for your help!

Old 01-27-2019, 10:11 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Back in those days, the tank was still in the cab. Not back there on the frame. You might be able to adapt a tank from a slightly newer truck, and make it work, I think the frames were the same. (and then you would have some extra storage space behind the seat. ) Or, clean out, and coat the inside of the existing tank, and simply use that. No clue if new, or reproduction tanks are even available for a truck that old......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: In cab fuel tank for 75 D300