DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2008 - Current Dodge Avenger (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2008-current-dodge-avenger-115/)
-   -   MyGIG RER radio wiring (for IPOD) (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2008-current-dodge-avenger/150222-mygig-rer-radio-wiring-for-ipod.html)

docmetal 05-11-2008 12:09 PM

RE: MyGIG RER radio wiring (for IPOD)

The 82210787AB cable is only spec'd for 2008 models of the Avenger, Commander, Grand Cherokee, Sebring, 300, Magnum, Charger, and the 2009 Journey.
I have read that as well...funny how I did not find the 87AB cable in the Commander, GC Limited or two 300Cs on the ground.

Perhaps we mush just be patient waiting for our proper Ipod connects.:(

Per the 82210787AB cable that you found in the GC Laredo and Journey, were they installed, or uninstalled andpackaged with the vehicle manuals etc.?
The 87AB cables were included with the manuals etc. I just had to unbag them and plug them into the harness plug that was secured in the inside left of the glove compartment (total plug and play). I was hoping to trace the cord that 87AB plugged into but neither of these vehicles had their Uconnect module behind the glove compartment so the cable vanished high up behind the radio...some of the vehicles have the module right behind the radio and some even on the driver side. Crappy luck!

milous 05-11-2008 03:25 PM

ORIGINAL: docmetal
...funny how I did not find the 87AB cable in the Commander, GC Limited or two 300Cs on the ground.
Did those vehicles happen to have the RER nav radios? If so, it would make sense that they did not have the cables nor the glovebox connector.

docmetal 05-11-2008 03:55 PM

Did those vehicles happen to have the RER nav radios? If so, it would make sense that they did not have the cables nor the glovebox connector.
I was being pretty careful to find only vehicles with Uconnect and no navigation...as soon as I saw a RER radio, I didn't even bother...I was going by window sticker details...I did not test the radios to verify anything. I can double check the radio that went with each one...at the time, I was learning as I went and now have some of the same questions you have for me but now I am not in front of the vehicles and frankly can't remember every radio in each vehicle. I was hoping to find a Charger with Uconnect but there was no one available. With time to digest what I found, it will be easier to go over things again and maybe report back some more information. I am going to see if I can track down the part number for the cord or harness present in the Journey and GC Laredo via the VIN...did not do that on Saturday because Sales Manager told me the Saturday parts guy was a dumb ass and it would be a total waste of time haha. My sales manager buddy and the owner are now pretty curious to see what can be done so they will be glad to get this solved.

milous 05-11-2008 06:55 PM

I am going to see if I can track down the part number for the cord or harness present in the Journey and GC Laredo via the VIN...
I found this in the '09 Journey parts manual: p/n 68035494AA wiring, jumper, ipod $31.90 MSRP

docmetal 05-12-2008 01:47 AM

I found this in the '09 Journey parts manual: p/n 68035494AA wiring, jumper, ipod $31.90 MSRP
Nicely done! Thanks. I will see where that gets me tomorrow and let you know.

milous 05-12-2008 02:04 AM

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Journey_ipod.jpg

Nicely done! Thanks. I will see where that gets me tomorrow and let you know.
Here'sthe drawing, part # 3

dadilly 06-13-2008 09:19 PM

Hi...

I recently bought a dodge journey with MyGig Ren unit. It did not have Uconnect installed on it though. In the glove box there was an iPod connector, but when i plugged my iPod into it, it did not recognize it, it charged but did not show an iPod tab. I bought the uConnect module online (mopar version) and installed it and activated it thru the dealership. The uConnect module works fine, but the iPod does not work still. It doesnt even charge anymore. When i installed the uConnect module, all the plugs seem to plug correctly into eachother (including the iPod connector into the uConnect).Could the reason why the iPod connector is not working is because it is a factory part and the uConnect module is from mopar? Btw its an iPod nano and iPhone (which i dont think will work either way)

dadilly 06-13-2008 09:21 PM

oh btw...does anything need to be activated for the UCI cable for the iPod? For example, they needed to activate the uConnect at the dealership. Does the iPod tab need to be activated?

outlaw30424 08-09-2008 11:21 PM

i need to revive this thread. THis issue is absolutely crazy. I thought I was the only one going through all the vehicles at the dodge dealer. I have an 2008 Avenger, REN, Factory Uconnect. I want to know where my Ipod interface harness that is suppoed to be installed in the glovebox is at. I pulled the radio, lowered the glovebox, had the dealer order an 87AB cable, to no avail. The 87AB cable would work if the damn harness was installed to the glovebox.
Is this part #68035494AA the harness that goes from the UConnect to the leftside of the glovebox? AND then I would plug in the 87AB cable? This is the work the Dodge PARTS people should be doing, not the customer....
Thanks for the help....

pempey 10-16-2008 02:56 PM

Any more news on this thread? I have a 2008 Caravan SXT, REN w/factory u-connect but issue is exactly as listed for the avenger. There is no cable (UCI?) in my glovebox. Like everyone else, my dealer said to would work and ordered the 87AB cable but couldn't find the box to connect it to. The PDF included with this part on the mopar site clearly shows it connecting to a box behind the the upper glovebox and references my make/model, but dealer said my van didn't have that so gave up on install.

Any more news about from Docmetal's elusive u-connect cable that connects to the 87AB? What about outlaw's question? Is #68035494AA the elusive harness. Anyone have a way of talking to engineering to skip the dealer given mine doesn't have a clue? I couldn't find any official Dodge or Mopar boards.

Thanks in advance...