2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Bridgestone Turanza

Old 09-18-2009, 03:26 PM
72combo
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bridgestone Turanza

So we opted for the 18 inch rim.....I think cuz of the 4 wheel disc brakes anyway the tires, my god the sh ty g d dang tires are junk. We have 14000 km on them on well one is totally fried on the outside corner, took car for alignment it is is spec.

Waste of money, because I knew the dealer would say it was out of alignment but if I had an alignment done that morning how did it change so quickly? But that was not the problem. I am told they are a super soft handling tire...not worth a **** in the winter. Now with the 18 inch we a very limited on tires and there are no 18 inch winter tires, so now its go with some all season tires or buyrims and tpms sensors and another size tire if I can fit it.
Anyone know what size rims will fit with 4 wheel disc and originally 18" rims?

Old 09-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Cordoba man
Professional

Ya, you're in luck. Mine also has the crappy OE tires 18". Mine are ok in the summer,they are all that car can handle IMO. I find this car has more flex in the body than the previous generation. I want my old one back.

Anyways, 16" steel rims will also fit on here. My tire size to match the 18" diameter is 215/65R16. The part # for the rims they had listed was for a 5x100 bolt pattern, so being that they are 5x115, the shop I was at had some 16's for a chev Impala that were the same pattern. They easily clear the brakes, and then you can have the best snow tires AND the best summer/all seasons.
Have fun.

Old 09-21-2009, 01:08 AM
72combo
Champion

Originally Posted by Cordoba man
Ya, you're in luck. Mine also has the crappy OE tires 18". Mine are ok in the summer,they are all that car can handle IMO. I find this car has more flex in the body than the previous generation. I want my old one back.

Anyways, 16" steel rims will also fit on here. My tire size to match the 18" diameter is 215/65R16. The part # for the rims they had listed was for a 5x100 bolt pattern, so being that they are 5x115, the shop I was at had some 16's for a chev Impala that were the same pattern. They easily clear the brakes, and then you can have the best snow tires AND the best summer/all seasons.
Have fun.
Can't put the sensors on the 16 inch steel rims I am told. So you have a light on you dash annoying your all winter.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:37 AM
rzramon

Hi Friend,
Rim Size of 17 and 18 are the best recommendable for 4 wheel disc wheels. I think, 17 size will be convenient in your case.

Regards,
Razor

Old 09-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Cordoba man
Professional

Ya, sorry about that light. I don't care, it was after new years before I found that combo that would fit and it was getting too slippery for me.
I was told that the sensors don't fit on steel rims. That's fine. I won't run alloy wheels or spoked wheels in the winter. In deep snow the disc brakes always freeze up. Had a couple close calls before until I started using only steel winter rims. That light can go f**k it's self.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:17 PM
Ramaniac

It will be interesting to see if your mpg goes up, now that you are not slinging those 18's.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:25 PM
Cordoba man
Professional

Nope. The steel rims with more rubber (same outside diameter) actually weigh more than the alloys with low profiles.

Old 10-10-2009, 04:04 PM
72combo
Champion

Just put a set of Goodyear GT...New style...very high ratings with low price, not a high mileage tire but are any, the Turanza is 80000 miles....I got14000, anyway these tires make all that body roll dissappear, put more air in your Turanza's or get some real tires.

Old 10-16-2009, 04:09 PM
DESIREESAVENGER
Rookie

Tirerack.com has 2 winter tires in the 215 55 18 size. Both are expensive. I ordered 2 yokohama avids and put them on this morning. $102 each plus $23 shipping. I agree the stock tires are junk (260 tread wear).

Old 10-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Cordoba man
Professional

Treadwear doesn't mean too much anymore. I've got a set of Yokohama Parada Spec-X on my truck http://yokohamatire.ca/index2.php#/parada_spec-x/ and the treadwear on those is around 400, but man do they ever grip! They grip like a soft compound. And they're temperature A and traction A. Best tires I've ever owned.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bridgestone Turanza