2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

A/C Recirculation acting up

Old 09-12-2012, 01:52 AM
tbyrd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C Recirculation acting up

My A/C dial lights just started flashing off briefly and it kicks off the recirculation. I noticed out of the corner of my eye the other night that the lights on the dials flash off and back on very quickly then the orange recirculation light is off. It seems to do it on acceleration or at lower speeds. At first I thought maybe because of the cooler days it was freezing and thats why the recirculation was kicked off. It did it today on a hot day so it couldn't have been freezing up. Not being able to keep recirculation on is bad enough but the lights flashing is annoying. The lights flash off then back on once not constantly. They may do it 2 or 3 times over 10 secs or so.

What could be causing this?

Old 09-13-2012, 05:08 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

What year is it? Sounds like possible a bad connection at the controls. Maybe at the plug or perhaps a bad solder joint on the circuit board.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:58 AM
Derson59
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It does sound like a connection problem. Does it pump out cool air when the air is on? without the recirc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A/C Recirculation acting up