2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2008 Dodge Avenger 2.4 engine-- Engine lights STAYS on--NEED HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 11:21 PM
J.B4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Dodge Avenger 2.4 engine-- Engine lights STAYS on--NEED HELP!

Hi everyone, I have a 2008 Dodge Avenger SXT with a 2.4L engine and it has about 68,000 miles on it. Recently, the check engine light was blinking and stayed on. So I went to auto part store to have it checked and I got several codes and completely freaking out .

Codes I was given were:

P0300- Random multiple misfire detected
P0302- Cylinder 2 misfire
P0315- Crankshaft position system variation not learned
P0335- Crankshaft A malfunction
P0339- Crankshaft A circuit intermittent

So far I have replaced the crankshaft and spark plugs and the check engine light is still on. Also, I wanted to know if there's another crankshaft sensor? I could really use any help or pointers if anyone knows what else I can do. I am not the original owner and the warranty ran out on it so I am completely on my own at this point for this car while still making payments.

**UPDATE 5/16/2013- I wanted to let everyone know yesterday I also put in a engine repair in the engine after I changed the oil. Today while I was driving the check engine went off! So I'm happy, I guess it needed to work through the system.

Last edited by J.B4; 05-16-2013 at 09:50 AM. Reason: The check engine light went off
Old 03-10-2014, 07:22 PM
sherirogers
Unhappy 09 dodge avenger engine light on

my check engine light came on and has been on i took it and gad it checked and no codes came up i have no clue what it could be... could it be because it needs a tune up badly?

Old 03-11-2014, 08:48 AM
DodgeCACares
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sherirogers
my check engine light came on and has been on i took it and gad it checked and no codes came up i have no clue what it could be... could it be because it needs a tune up badly?
sherirogers,

The check engine lamp, or Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) will come on if the onboard diagnostic system detects a condition. In some cases this light will illuminate for reasons such as a loose or missing gas cap or even poor fuel economy.

If the light stays on for several driving cycles, your Avenger may be driven, however, a trip to a servicing facility would be of benefit. If the light is flashing, immediate service is recommended.

Although your trip to the garage didn't produce any codes, was the service dept. able to provide any additional information for you?

Old 03-17-2014, 12:49 PM
guapoman2000
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just in case this issue is still a problem...

I found this discussion over at:

http://www.justanswer.com/dodge/88gr...-multiple.html

Old 01-25-2017, 11:54 PM
Josh Rhea

What did you do to fix the problem? I changed cat today and plugs and boots still missing on 1 and 4 cyls

Old 03-12-2017, 01:29 PM
poisnus

Hate to bust open an old thread, but did you have any luck fixing this. I have the exact same problems and I am having trouble hunting it down.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:51 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by poisnus
Hate to bust open an old thread, but did you have any luck fixing this. I have the exact same problems and I am having trouble hunting it down.
start a new thread. post your model year, engine and the dtc that are setting.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:10 PM
snookpro1

any luck to what was wrong never saw the answer that fixed the codes

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Avenger 2.4 engine-- Engine lights STAYS on--NEED HELP!