2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2008 Avenger Alternator Bracket Broke

Old 03-22-2017, 12:41 AM
tbyrd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Avenger Alternator Bracket Broke

I'm going down the road and the power steering goes out then the engine starts overheating. Pull over and saw the belt was off. Then looked down and saw alternator laying over. The bracket lug on the bottom of the alternator sheered off of the main bracket. Looks like the upper mounting bolt came out at some point so only the bottom mounting bolt was holding it on. Anyway called the dealership and they said the bracket was special order and $103 and would take 7-10 days. I went online and found it for $89 shipped. 3-4 days.

So I can see how it attaches to the engine block. Looks like the power steering pump attaches to the top of this bracket. Also looks like the AC compressor attaches to it as well. Can someone post instructions on best way to take off old bracket? Maybe someone who has access to the service manual. Not worried about the lower half and removing alternator and unbolting AC compressor and move out of the way. Needing more advice on removing power steering pump without having to remove completely.

Oh yeah 2.4 liter 4cyl

Search this Thread