2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2008 Dodge Avenger stutter

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 06:23 PM
Michael R Edgecomb Jr.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Dodge Avenger stutter

Driving anytning under 40mph and car seems to run fine. Get over 40 but under 60 and the car stutters when I let off the gas, but only two strong shakes. Car would not however get up to or over 65 mph when I took it on the hw to get home. As I tried to get up to speed it also seemed almost like it was stalling out except that the engine never stopped running. Problem only just started today and went from barely noticeable to holy crap its gonna die out & leave me stranded on the road. At one point, the whole car shook (over 60mph) and I let off the gas which cause the vibration to stop.

any help would be great as to where to start as income is null at the moment but i have a medical issue and need my car to get to testing.

thanks.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:44 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

Need to provide vehicle information. Year, engine size, transmission type, mileage, maintenance history, recent work or modifications. Is the check engine light on?

Old 06-26-2017, 01:26 PM
Michael R Edgecomb Jr.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's cool. I was able to get it into a shop & get it fixed Friday.

it has 117,000 miles. Engine light has been on for five years. Was a pair of sensors that monitor the spark plugs firing timing.

All good now.