2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Bypass ac compressor

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 02:16 PM
Orlando Jones
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bypass ac compressor

I'm new here hot my avenger 2 months ago bought it for 900 off a guy its in pretty good shape it just had a couple trans codes I got those fixed now a new issue arose. So my serpentine belt came off on my way to the store the other day and when I got home and tried to fix it after I fixed it I turned the car on and noticed the belt was not moving and after further investigation I found out that the previous owners mechanic did not put all 3 bolts back on after replacing the alternator. One bolt was missing and I thought all was good and when I got under to tighten the second bolt to get the compressor back inline I found the other bolt is broken off inside of the hole. Now the compressor is just held up by 1 bolt and the pulley is not inline and will not turn the motor. Now I want to just bypass the ac compressor and move on until I can get that bolt out of the hole. I was wondering if anyone has done this by pas and which belt did you use and what length ?

Old 09-19-2017, 02:23 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

If no one answers, it might be a pain, but take some string or rope and place it where you need the new belt to go to get an approximate length.