2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

Brakes shutter and shake the steering wheel, but once in a blue moon.

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 08:59 AM
Zombifyd
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes shutter and shake the steering wheel, but once in a blue moon.

Edit to title: shudder
Hello all. I'm pretty sure I might have made a similar post like this a while ago but I'll try a new one. My wife has a 2014 avenger and a weird issue has started over a year ago. Mostly when highway driving, you would feel the steering wheel start to tremble a little bit and that's the tell tale sign of when I put my foot on the brake the steering wheel would shake so much and the brakes shudder. Then it would just stop and go away for months. Last October I brought to a friends shop and had me replace the brakes, rotors, and brake fluid flush. I left there and on the highway maybe 15 miles from there it happened again. I pulled off and it didn't happen the whole way home in the 200 mile trip. It happened again the next day and he told me to bring it to the shop up here to take a look at it (mavis). They said the parts may have gotten grease on them of whatever and they cleaned it off. Fast forward to June. We traveled a 230 mile trip to buffalo and on the way back it did it again. After about 5 minutes it stopped and hasn't done it again since yesterday and again this morning. I assume that rules out warped rotors, or bad brakes. I can't figure it out at all.
thanks for any input.

Last edited by Zombifyd; 10-22-2017 at 09:36 PM.