2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

2014 Dodge Avenger headrest reassembly

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 04:35 PM
whadoiknow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2014 Dodge Avenger headrest reassembly

So my grand daughter got a 2014 Dodge Avenger that has the pass. side headrest sprung open. After looking it over I found out they had tried to snap back together but the clips holding it together were closed. But they tried to snap it back together anyway, breaking the pin support. I epoxied the pin back in and need to get the clips to open up to snap back together. Does anyone know how I can get the catch(clips) to re-open so I can get this thing back together.? I appreciate any help I can get so I can move on to other little problems on this car, thanks.

Old 07-30-2018, 02:29 PM
whadoiknow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI..there has been a class action started about these headrests. They have deployed w/o an accident or hit to the rear and several injuries have occurred. The plastic will break apart on its own over time thus making these headrests a safety risk on their own. To reload them with the clasp closed the brown wire goes to ground and 12 volts goes to the blue wire and the clasp will open up. If anyone has a problem with these Junk Plastic headrests go online and sign onto the class action. We're hoping to get Dodge to replace these 'missiles' with a ordinary low-tech one.

Quick Reply: 2014 Dodge Avenger headrest reassembly