2008 - Current Dodge Avenger The new Dodge Avenger gives a sporty look to the often drab mid-sized sedan class, with the possible future option of AWD and a performance engine upgrade.

08 Avenger 2.4L w/ P0700 & P0760 codes

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 12:47 AM
SomersetMaddog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 08 Avenger 2.4L w/ P0700 & P0760 codes

hay guys just looking for some help. I been trying get this issue in order tranny not shifting past 2nd gear long story short I'm $1200. In the hole 3 so called professionals have only succeeded in taking my money. So let my tell you what has been done new shift solenoid same problem new PCM same problem swapped out tranny same problem same codes. Scratching my head I'm at my wits end tired of being taken advantage of by these people that are suppoesed to know what they are doing call themselves masters at there craft end of the day they just Masters at BS ing people out there money, parts changers smh .Ok and I'm back was going into a dark place . Well I was wondering if anyone has encountered this issue. I was rear ended a while back car did start acting a little funky but its my wife's vehicle don't know if that can be a factor. Forgot to mention my #25 fuse is showing that it is grounded weird thing is it's not burning the fuse. Also how can I trace it? It says IGN / Heated Mirrors which I don't think I have the heated mirrors.

Last edited by SomersetMaddog; 02-12-2019 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Forgot some stuff
Old 03-10-2019, 10:04 AM
guapoman2000
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P0700 is an informational code only. It doesn't point to a direct fault in the engine, only a general fault in the transmission. More diagnosis is necessary to identify what the transmission fault is. This requires a scan tool that will communicate with the transmission module.

For P0760:
https://www.obd-codes.com/p0760

Quick Reply: 08 Avenger 2.4L w/ P0700 & P0760 codes